meaning of codes on showa fork axle mount/bottoms

hi

I have to replace on of my fork tube in my CR250 '07. MOst second hand options, the tubes come with the fron axel mounts/ bottoms.

does any of you know the meaning of the codes on each fork bottom?

in mine, it says: MENF- L- SA2-A

I understand that L stands for left. But i have no idea if other tube with this code MENA-L-SA1  B  will fit mine , for instance. Other showas bottoms have Kz3W  or S370-SA1-B

I know that CR250 forks changed the offset -2mm from 2005 and maybe also in other CRFs 250 -450 forks. Nobody wants to have different offsets in each fork!!!!!!!!!

what I want is to descifer those codes to get the right tube !!!!!!

it is quite impossible  to ensure if that spare tube+bottom comes form a CR/CRF or either a suzuki or kawasaki which also use SHOWA forks. You have to believe the seller.

thanks

Edited by frenando

Sorry can't help you to decipher the meaning of the codes but as a comparative,

I have two sets of forks for my CRF250X and the codes are :

MENF-L SA-2 A  (spare set, but originally came installed on my '08 CRF250X)

MENA-L SA-1 A (on bike at the moment, originally from an '05 I was told by the seller parting out a bike)

I cannot confirm the bike had it's original forks as I'm the 3rd owner but from the wear and damages to the

lower tubes (reason I switched them), I believe they had been on there since day one.

But, I can attest upon disassembly both these sets had OEM internals for a CRF250X

(all stacks, spring rates, comp assy, all the nuts still had the original peening on them) 

Edited by mlatour