DRZ Gearbox issue?

Heya everyone!

I was out riding today (I only ride street) and when I open up the throttle in second gear, just before I hit the limiter, around 70 km per hour (45 mph) I feel it kinda stuttering, it feels like it skips over twice. It's only in second gear, I'm affraid it's my gearbox. My DRZ has some mods, like the airbox mod, dynojet and a completely different exhaust system.

Can anybody help me out?

Cheers!

Just now, Atolduso said:

Clutch slipping? 

Not really, it feels like I've already hit the limiter and it stops giving power twice and after that it's fine. If I don't open the throttle a 100% I think it's fine, I thought I'd see what you guys think and then try out things if you guys knew anything haha.

Just came back from riding, yesterday evening after writing my post it didn't happen again. Then today it happened and I tried out if it did the same in 3rd gear. It did stutter in first gear, it doesn't matter if I open throttle all the way in one go, or gradually build up speed. It happens in 2nd at around 70km/h and in 3rd at about 90km/h. It doesn't always happen, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. And also at different speeds. What could this be guys? 

I've only put 13.000 kilometers on the DRZ so I hope it's not &%$#@!ed :(.

Anybody has some input?

Cheers!

How many miles on the chain? could need replacing.

12 minutes ago, Wily said:

How many miles on the chain? could need replacing.

If this is the first chain, it's about 13.000 Kilometers. That would be just under 8100 miles. Also, I've taken it for a spin today, after adding some oil. Didn't notice anything until I after I raced with a car, and when I got home I checked the oil and a little oil was lost, could it be because the dipstick is not covered in oil until the max?

Edited by arpuS

11 minutes ago, arpuS said:

If this is the first chain, it's about 13.000 Kilometers. That would be just under 8100 miles. Also, I've taken it for a spin today, after adding some oil. Didn't notice anything until I after I raced with a car, and when I got home I checked the oil and a little oil was lost, could it be because the dipstick is not covered in oil until the max?

When my old chain was past it's life it would consistently stutter at certain RPM. If it's not consistently stuttering it may not be the chain. You should be okay on the oil amount as long as it's in the cross marks of the dipstick. I'm not sure why it'd be burning oil though. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will comment, I'm still new to the DRZ myself.