Best Neck Brace for ATV riding?

If you use a neck brace for riding, what do you use?  My 17 year old son wants to buy one, and I'd like to help him by giving him some suggestions from you guys.  Which ones are the best for the money and which ones are the most comfortable?  I've done some research and it seems Leatt and Atlas are the most well known, but they are really expensive.  Are they worth the price, or are there cheaper brands that offer the same protection?

I use an Evs neck brace, works good and I'm pretty sure it's close to $100!

I have rode and raced motorcycles since the 60's and that includes having my fair share of crashes too. Only once did I break my collarbone and never did I get a neck injury. I am all for more protection but I still do not understand the use of these neck braces, as it would appear to me that by design, you protect the neck by sacrificing a collarbone.

I hope someone can offer some information that I am missing about this topic. If they truly work and offer good protection, then they would be a bargain at $100.

28 minutes ago, NYMXer said:

I have rode and raced motorcycles since the 60's and that includes having my fair share of crashes too. Only once did I break my collarbone and never did I get a neck injury. I am all for more protection but I still do not understand the use of these neck braces, as it would appear to me that by design, you protect the neck by sacrificing a collarbone.

I hope someone can offer some information that I am missing about this topic. If they truly work and offer good protection, then they would be a bargain at $100.

Lucky you lol. I had "full" gear on and I got in a crash into a quad on my bike and I fractured my neck ligaments and my shoulder. I have always worn one since then. What it does it limit your head movement, only so far in every angle so if you do crash then your head can't "jerk" in different angles. Seems to be a good investment personally and I see most moto people have them. 

Thanks for that explanation. Newer and better protection is always coming along but I guess you need more protection due to the higher speeds and longer jumps we have today. If you were to tell me back in the 80's that I would be doing 90' triple jumps, I would have called you crazy.

If you use a neck brace for riding, what do you use?  My 17 year old son wants to buy one, and I'd like to help him by giving him some suggestions from you guys.  Which ones are the best for the money and which ones are the most comfortable?  I've done some research and it seems Leatt and Atlas are the most well known, but they are really expensive.  Are they worth the price, or are there cheaper brands that offer the same protection?

I run the omega neck brace.
I like the shoulder suspension design. It disperses the load across both shoulders. Not the center of your back like the A-stars. Also the open front is nice and it sits comfortably in you.
Takes a bit to set up but once right it's not bad

Oh yeah, DO NOT GET A NECK ROLL. They are just neck injuries waiting to happen