Herlings v. Cairoli

Finally. 

Herlings won the battle, cairoli won the war. 

Only a matter of time before there will be no more battle 

1 hour ago, GoRide2 said:

Finally. 

Herlings won the battle, cairoli won the war. 

Only a matter of time before there will be no more battle 

Did Herlings get a moto win in Germany?

5 minutes ago, GBowman said:

Did Herlings get a moto win in Germany?

Yeah. Moto 1. Passed Cairoli and held him off to the end. Supposedly good battle to the end. Second moto Cairoli holeshot and check out basically. Herlings like 5th to second

1 minute ago, GoRide2 said:

Yeah. Moto 1. Passed Cairoli and held him off to the end. Supposedly good battle to the end. Second moto Cairoli holeshot and check out basically. Herlings like 5th to second

Time to buy in. I said if he wins t Teutschenthal hes for real, it doesn't get much more hard pack. 

• Like 1

Just now, GBowman said:

Time to buy in. I said if he wins t Teutschenthal hes for real, it doesn't get much more hard pack. 

I think the idea that Herlings wasn't that hurt and just was shocked by the MX1 class is one of the most laughable opinions the industry and fans has ever had. And they are usually pretty dumb. I guess Herlings refusing to make excuses played into that but yeah.... Herlings is just going to only be good enough for 13th place....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoRide2 said:

I think the idea that Herlings wasn't that hurt and just was shocked by the MX1 class is one of the most laughable opinions the industry and fans has ever had. And they are usually pretty dumb. I guess Herlings refusing to make excuses played into that but yeah.... Herlings is just going to only be good enough for 13th place....

It amazed me how many people were happy to think that. 

29 minutes ago, GBowman said:

It amazed me how many people were happy to think that. 

It amazes me how some people say "told ya", when he manages to win a moto over a guy 10 years his senior......but doesn't take the overall from him. What's next?...... A thread on how he is faster now than Chad Reed?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

It amazes me how some people say "told ya", when he manages to win a moto over a guy 10 years his senior......but doesn't take the overall from him. What's next?...... A thread on how he is faster now than Chad Reed?

I never said "Told ya". 

But I do think its weird how no body is talking about how he has smashed the guy everyone says is the second coming. But instead talk about how he is beating an old man. 

The kid is fast, he could come here and win and that's a fact.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GBowman said:

I never said "Told ya". 

But I do think its weird how no body is talking about how he has smashed the guy everyone says is the second coming. But instead talk about how he is beating an old man. 

True he could.....but so could Cairoli, Febvre (if he ever pulls his head outta his ass), Gasjer and others. Herlings biggest downfall is his frailty. 

• Like 1

Truth is, besides JMB and Kroc, most Euros don't come here and have great success. They very well may win some races but the racing here is just different. That probably wouldn't be the case though if we didn't have so many rounds of Stupidcross. Yeah, I don't like it, you can tell. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2017 at 2:39 PM, Mongo134 said:

Herlings = sandbagger.

On 5/21/2017 at 1:10 PM, GBowman said:

I never said "Told ya". 

Not in Soupy !!!! 

• Like 1

Like any of the other talented particularly talented Europeans, if Herlings really wanted to be good at SX, he could be

3 hours ago, GoRide2 said:

Like any of the other talented particularly talented Europeans, if Herlings really wanted to be good at SX, he could be

Have you seen him toying around on an Arenacross type track?  I don't buy this shit one bit.  He is scared of Soupy.  There is little doubt that in Outdoors he would clean up.  I think its too late for him to be a factor in SX.  You need to start it while on 85's IMO.   He would never win a Main in SX 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fryboy said:

Have you seen him toying around on an Arenacross type track?  I don't buy this shit one bit.  He is scared of Soupy.  There is little doubt that in Outdoors he would clean up.  I think its too late for him to be a factor in SX.  You need to start it while on 85's IMO.   He would never win a Main in SX 

His lap times were great when he came here that one offseason. He was sketchy at times though because taking things slow and steadily improving isn't in his nature. 

Just now, GoRide2 said:

His lap times were great when he came here that one offseason. He was sketchy at times though because taking things slow and steadily improving isn't in his nature. 

That's why I don't think he'd do well. He would get too frustrated not being able to hang it out like he does outdoors.  SX takes another kind of discipline. I'd be afraid for his health. 

• Like 1

I'm sure KTM was happy having a dominant 450 rider and 250 rider and paid accordingly.  Moving him up to battle their winning 450 rider didn't make marketing sense.  

Supercross is a different sport.  Not sure if riders over 20 adapt that well.  KR came over, ran a couple races, then went home before he killed himself ahead of the GP season.  

After watching RV in a few races, I have a lot more respect for the GP racers. The speeds seem higher and some of the tracks look like the worst track in the host country was chosen.  

• Like 2