Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 400 Exc kickstand leaning to far

My kick stand on the bike is leaning to far making it to the point of almost falling even on pavement. Anyone have a fix?IMG_2310.JPG

• Like 1

Is your frame bent where it attaches to kick stand?                    

that's usually the issue

Yes it is bent, what would be the best course of action to fix it?

Just now, Cludred said:

Yes it is bent, what would be the best course of action to fix it?

Don't bend it by kickstarting the bike on the side stand, that's the fix.     Not sure on bending it back

That's how I got the bike so I guess I'll leave it for now. I will try and not put any weight on the bike while the stand is down.

I might put a wedge in the kickstand so that it doesn't extend as far making the stand higher up cause the bike to be more up right.

Don't bend it by kickstarting the bike on the side stand, that's the fix.     Not sure on bending it back

Well I went out to the shop and found that the bike had tipped over because the kickstand mount finally gave way.

Here is the piece that broke offImage1495402382.321582.jpg

Now I figured out that the mount for the chain guide near the bottom has broken causing the chain guide to fall off as well.

That's a standard feature on those year Model bikes...my 05 was the same way.  Installed a trail tech kick stand.

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Cludred said:

Now I figured out that the mount for the chain guide near the bottom has broken causing the chain guide to fall off as well.

well that's not good at all.

That's a standard feature on those year Model bikes...my 05 was the same way.  Installed a trail tech kick stand.
image.jpg.1fb8cc0bbca58a19392d4ad7611dece7.jpg

The bottom mount on the trail tech hat connects to the frame, on mine it's bent should I reinforce it or what?

I have an 07 450 EXC, and have/had the same issues, I took off my kickstand and bracket and the bracket was bent, I bought a new bracket from CheapMotorcycleParts.com (they carry OEM parts for KTM's, way cheaper than a dealership) and will update when I receive it.  My bits on the frame look straight.