15 150sx won't run after rebuild

Hey all, at my wits end here, rebuilt my bike and started it. Ran fine for about 5 minutes then shut off can only get it started intermittent, the kick starter feels like it's slipping at times which is new, didn't do that before the rebuild. It will also back fire after trying to start a few times. I replaced the piston and had the cylinder honed. Checked all were with in spec. Took apart timing put it together with in spec. Also the clutch isn't working even after flushing it. It worked fine before. Things I added. Vertex piston, jd jet kit, fmf fatty, and that's pretty much it. Not sure where to go from here

That's a lot of problems and I hope you got them figured out already. In the meantime, I'd take it to a shop to take a look at.

Backfire sounds like no spark, or incorrect timing of spark.

Slipping kickstart is you didn't replace the parts like they came out.

Clutch not working, wow, did you leave a plate out of the pack or put the plates back in the wrong order? Sometimes there's a special 1st plate in the pack. If it's just a problem with the lever, you should crack open the bleed valve at the bottom and force new fluid from the bottom to the top with a large plastic syringe.

Hey thanks for the reply ! I luckily figured it all out well almost all, the back fire and no start was a loose ground to the solenoid when I saw the sparks that was an easy fix lol. The clutch also operator error... left the engine with no oil in it in my garage in a box for 3 months... took all the plates out cleaned off and re oiled and replaced. Also bled the hydraulic clutch a few times. So luckily that's all squared away and running well but the kickstarter I never messed with or took apart so I will worry about that another day, right now I have to work on my jetting skill....

• Like 1