Power commander & dynotuning 500exc

Has anybody dynotuned theDynojet power commander V on exc 500? If so, any hp/torque gains? I just got 13 exc 500 that runs great. No flameouts yet. No decel pop. Previous owner did emissions delete kit, installed and derestricted fmf exhaust. He claimed having the ecu reflashed but was extremely vague ehich makes me skeptical. He didn't  not know what map was on it and can't remember who installed it? Said cost him $100 to have done. Also the pipe gets super hot to the point where it disintegrated my rear turn signals in a matter of minutes. That is why I'm thinking about having having professional dynotune done. I've had  plug & play tumers on other bikes and rather not go that route again. Hence the power commander option.

If you have a stock muffler and end cap, and burning turn signals, seriously doubt its a different map and if it is, its too lean. But a fmf muffler will burn off the turn signals cause the hole is big.

I have a xcw muffler, and it has a slightly larger hole than exc end cap, and doesnt burn off the signals, and I am mapped richer.

Easiest thing to do is have dealer read which map you have.   But go after the map before going pv5 IMO, a 13 shouldn't be hard to get done .

this map may be of interest to you        km787eu12c0701   which should be the Australian  2012 map

• Like 1

On 5/21/2017 at 9:44 PM, Spud786 said:

If you have a stock muffler and end cap, and burning turn signals, seriously doubt its a different map and if it is, its too lean. But a fmf muffler will burn off the turn signals cause the hole is big.

I have a xcw muffler, and it has a slightly larger hole than exc end cap, and doesnt burn off the signals, and I am mapped richer.

Easiest thing to do is have dealer read which map you have.   But go after the map before going pv5 IMO, a 13 shouldn't be hard to get done .

this map may be of interest to you        km787eu12c0701   which should be the Australian  2012 map

Yes. FMF installed and derestricted. The dealer is back logged 3 weeks. Then they'll  check my current map. Why did you mention the 2012 map opposed to 2013+?..Just curious.

1 hour ago, 2timer said:

Yes. FMF installed and derestricted. The dealer is back logged 3 weeks. Then they'll  check my current map. Why did you mention the 2012 map opposed to 2013+?..Just curious.

2012 map  , just because that was before any 02 sensors began showing up world wide and or any leaner changes.