Opinions and suggestions for pumper carb

I have a 2005 klx 300. Want to upgrade stock carb to a TM36-68 Mikuni pumper. Having to many issues with the stock carb and can't enjoy riding. Any suggestions or advice for install and any mods needed? Already have "free" mods. Any help appreciated.

You will only use one throttle cable.  One of the stock ones can be made to work but can come up short.  Best to order a custom cable from Motion Pro., two inches longer.  I had to put a 1/2" spacer under the rear end of my gas tank to make clearance for the carb.

Ride on

Brewster

On 5/21/2017 at 6:40 PM, Dervis82 said:

I have a 2005 klx 300. Want to upgrade stock carb to a TM36-68 Mikuni pumper. Having to many issues with the stock carb and can't enjoy riding. Any suggestions or advice for install and any mods needed? Already have "free" mods. Any help appreciated.

I used bill blues conversion,  included carb and instructions to use one side of the original cables.  worked great -  

Thanks for the reply's. I ordered a Mukini TM36-68 pumper last week. It will be delivered today. We will see how this goes. It's raining here so should have time to install.