2017 Crf450r remap: Who are the people to go to?

Who has had a remap and liked what they were sold? Heard some sketchy stuff about one guy that did a lot of stuff on here, and another guy can't be bothered to answer his 2 Emails i sent...

Tokyomods?

SSW?

RH?

Who else?

Edited by gotwings
Yes

I sent my ECU from my 2011 to Tokyo Mods several months ago. I had good communication with them, a fast turnaround time and I'm more than pleased with my re mapped ECU.

I've read some sketchy stories on forums of people sending out parts like ecu's and throttle bodies to certain individuals that were never returned. Glad I went with a reputable company for my service!

Edited by Jdunn217
  • Like 1

I've used SSW on 2 EFI bikes in the past & won't use him again.  While the mapping was decent on 09 & 10 models his communication was virtually non-existent in my case.   I tried several months to get an invoice through email (he responded to a couple of emails that he would forward it) from Eddie Sisneros & was unsuccessful.   I was never able to talk to him on the phone (left voice mails with no return calls) & he moved I think 3 times from 2010-2012 when I had the remaps done.  The 10 ECU got sent to the 2nd location address since his website had not been updated with the 3rd new location.  The ECU got lost & was fortunate I found it at a Colorado US Postal office, but had to pay extra to have it delivered to the 3rd address.  Needles to say the down time I had due to the delay it was a bad experience all around with the only positive was that it was a decent map.    

The reason I used him was because he seemed to have positive feedback on this forum, but I haven't seen his name come up in a few years.

My suggestion would be to use Tokyo Mods as they have a good reputation on TT.  

Edited by H4L
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2017 at 5:15 PM, tvalliere220 said:

Tokyo mods redid my 17! Fixed the stalling issues i had in the woods!

Do you know what they did exactly? How much was it?

7 hours ago, Foul said:

Do you know what they did exactly? How much was it?

While i don't know exactly what they did i do believe they added fuel to mellow it out and retarded timing. Was $100 bucks plus shipping. Well worth it

I had the same thing happen. Someone offered to help another and I asked him if he could help me with my EFI mapping. He said sure and told me to PM him. I did twice and he said he was too busy right now. That was 2 months or so ago. It was supposed to be by email since I have all the software and cable. He gives good advice on this sight so I won't call him out. But don't offer if you aren't willing to help. I'll be loading my new woods and torque map from Tokyo Mods this evening. It cost $100.00. Thanks Tokyo Mods!

• Like 1

I spoke to Ron Hamp on the phone a few weeks ago. He told me he is still working on porting and cam designs for the 17 and has not had time to address mappings as of yet. Gonna check back with him fairly soon and I am also watching his FB page.

Eddie (SSW)  is slammed doing very different things. He's probably just trying to bow out of the remap thing because its a time bandit and the return on it aint all that great. I could have him on the phone in 8 seconds, but any kind of conversation would be about the same length. The guy just aint chatty.

On 6/16/2017 at 9:18 AM, mrmoto35 said:

I spoke to Ron Hamp on the phone a few weeks ago. He told me he is still working on porting and cam designs for the 17 and has not had time to address mappings as of yet. Gonna check back with him fairly soon and I am also watching his FB page.

Buy the tuner and interface and I'll load a map on there that will scare the shit out of you :smirk:

i have a 450rx, any chance you could send me that scary map

10 hours ago, Shawn_Mc said:

Buy the tuner and interface and I'll load a map on there that will scare the shit out of you :smirk:

That thing is expensive as hell. But if you can build and sell maps, enough to get my money back, make yourself some $$, AND give this damn 17 some bottom end I will buy one :devil:

The software is less than $60 and you can build your own interface from a $20 obd2 to usb adapter. Look at the pinned thread at the top of forum for the details on the build. I am currently using one on my crf450rx

10 minutes ago, nate1001 said:

The software is less than $60 and you can build your own interface from a $20 obd2 to usb adapter. Look at the pinned thread at the top of forum for the details on the build. I am currently using one on my crf450rx

I had forgotten all about that thread and obviously never notice it when I come here. Parts are on order. Thanks nate1001!!!

• Like 1

I have the tuner and user interface for the 2013 crf450. I wonder if the plug will match the ECM? If not, anyone know what i would need to order?

15 hours ago, dc182 said:

I have the tuner and user interface for the 2013 crf450. I wonder if the plug will match the ECM? If not, anyone know what i would need to order?

I dont know specifically, but I doubt it. The 17' has a selectable format. They're going to change the plug etc so you cant just buy the 17' ECU and swap it onto your earlier bike. Check

I haven't written the map yet. I need to see what's there. When MrMoto35 gets his stuff, we'll mess with it.

I think i was misunderstood on my reply. I have a 17 crf450 but have the tuner and software for the 13 model. 

MXA mag just put an article on the 17crf450 that shows a map that they tuned with the help of Honda Racing. Pretty interesting article to get your 17crf450 even better.

3 hours ago, dc182 said:

I think i was misunderstood on my reply. I have a 17 crf450 but have the tuner and software for the 13 model. 

You just need the software. The tuner you have will work.

I just ordered the software from a local dealer, the p/n is 38772-NX7-040

Here is the link to it http://www.hondaracingcorporation.com/product/crf450r/