What I don't like about the 2017 350 XC-F

On 6/1/2017 at 8:17 AM, ethermal said:

additional throttle cam?  I don't recall receiving one of those. Which one was installed when you received the bike from the dealer grey or black?

"it's hard to start" --- You're dealer give you the run down on the lithium battery/starter tips?  Basically short press to get the fuel pump primed and warm up the battery then a long pull after 30 second wait   it helps but should be instant.  It is definitely way harder to start after a flame out, but if you wait for the vapour lock to clear it's easier to start.  

speaking of flame outs, yes they are bullshit and constant.  going to a 13 front sprocket helps but only a little.  I can be coasting with clutch pulled in, in second gear and get a flame out.   60 hours on mine

I have a Rekluse in my 17 and turns out it was the problem with my flame out. I installed the Rekluse with the stiffest springs they sent me as recommended by the instructions and set the idle to just not drag in gear at idle. Stalled or flamed out on me all the time, found out the idle needs to be 2300 or more. with the 3 blue and 3 red springs the idle was 2100, switched to 6 blue springs, (only got 3 blue in the kit) and made the idle to 2300. 2300 rpm sounds high when idling so don't trust your ear put a tach on it. With or without a Rekluse the idle needs to be 2300 rpm +.  I have done 2 Midwest Enduros, 2 GP's, 1 Hare Scramble since and no flame outs, normally it would die every event 2-3 times.

While I'm here, I need the bike to start faster for dead engine starts, has anyone cured this problem?

Edited by mike_dean

This may be a little off topic, but I just installed the Dubach Racing (DrD) slip on and found it to work well. Has more bottom end than stock for sure. I also run a 13/51 and have been real happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I changed my rear spring to a 4.8 as well and still had some washing out issued with the front tire. I had a buddy tell me to try tire inserts instead of tubes. What a Huge difference.

I like the stock gearing, but I put the Recluse in day one. I ride some pretty high single track and never had any stalling or flame out issues. The FMF pipe and header gave me some added low end as well.

I did purchase a 300 Six Days a couple of months ago, and the 350 isn't receiving much love since that day. Going to do some MOTO tomorrow so the 350 will get out of the garage.