xl600r rear fender

hey gang!

took the xl to gorman today and had a blast! unfortunately in one of my many spills i pretty much killed my tail plastics. the metal backbone that lives under the tail stock is fine, but the plastic part is dead and gone. the xl600r tail plastics can still be found online, but now im wondering if the tail from a crf450 would be more durable. if i went with that setup  i could just ditch the little metal backbone thing right? just the crf plastic with the holes cut out for the seat bolts as well as the little luggage rack thing? is there anything i'm not getting with this?

i also think the crf fender looks better than the weird shorty stock fender i'm using, but i'm not riding this bike to look pretty!

enclosed is a photo of my xl with the thrashed tail! ha!

0521171459.jpg

hey gang!

took the xl to gorman today and had a blast! unfortunately in one of my many spills i pretty much killed my tail plastics. the metal backbone that lives under the tail stock is fine, but the plastic part is dead and gone. the xl600r tail plastics can still be found online, but now im wondering if the tail from a crf450 would be more durable. if i went with that setup  i could just ditch the little metal backbone thing right? just the crf plastic with the holes cut out for the seat bolts as well as the little luggage rack thing? is there anything i'm not getting with this?

i also think the crf fender looks better than the weird shorty stock fender i'm using, but i'm not riding this bike to look pretty!

enclosed is a photo of my xl with the thrashed tail! ha!
0521171459.jpg.6e5d131f5112edaeb95615b32d853ed7.jpg

It works out on the older XR's, I think it's worth trying. NCM_0082.JPG
  • Like 2

Looks good! Where are you going to mount the tag?

well you can sorta see it in this photo, but under the tail. it was inevitable that i'd become one of those goons who have their plate tucked in the wheel well hah!

Photo May 27, 12 46 21 PM.jpg

Edited by patrickarter