New Helmet....

Hello everyone. I'm in the market for a new Helmet. My current helmet is a Bell Moto-8 and is a bit dated in terms of safety compared to what's out there now. I can decide between 3 helmets. I'm looking at the Fly F2 Carbon, Bell MX-9 with MIPS, and the new SE4 Polyacrylite helmets from TLD. Style and colors aside, which of these 3 are the safest and what are there pros and cons?

5 hours ago, OLHILLBILLY said:

How do they fit? Most all helmets are made well these days, it's all in how they fit and feel. 

You need to try on the different brands to see what fits your head.  I saw a graphic a while back about brands and head shapes, someone needs to post that again.

I bought the F2 last fall.  It fit pretty well and by the 3rd ride felt really good.   I was price motivated on it since it was an end of the season,  can't pass it up and I was considering a new helmet already.  A local shop had it and I prefer to buy that way.   On another post concerning helmets there was a mention of a great price on the TLD,  so if you search you should find it.  Seemed like for an upper end helmet it as very attractive.   Find one that fits (some manufacturers offer different cheek pads too) ,  and one you can willingly replace when it takes a serious hit.  

I've said this before, but it bears repeating.  Make sure it is snug to the point of almost too tight, the padding will seat in.  If you buy a comfy helmet it will be loose after a ride or 2.  My current Bell almost hurt my head when I first tried it on, after some rides it is the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
  • Like 1