300exc 2017 300 EXC Drowning - Wet wiring??

Hi, I had the 300 out on the weekend (wet) and went through a few rivers, causeways. I didn't think they were that deep, under the pegs + splash, but my bike stalled. I don't think it was deep enough to drown the bike as it started (a little reluctant) after a few minutes. It seemed almost like something got wet that shouldn't have. Has anyone had similar issues and a fix?? Cheers!!

1 hour ago, Dano79 said:

Hi, I had the 300 out on the weekend (wet) and went through a few rivers, causeways. I didn't think they were that deep, under the pegs + splash, but my bike stalled. I don't think it was deep enough to drown the bike as it started (a little reluctant) after a few minutes. It seemed almost like something got wet that shouldn't have. Has anyone had similar issues and a fix?? Cheers!!

Where are your carburettor vent lines routed to?

I'm in Darwin, Aus. and obviously we get similar conditions to you... most of us put the vent lines up high, (mine are into the top of the airbox) because the water covering the ends of the lines (when they are low) prevents the flow of fuel through the carb and thus stalls the engine. When bike is removed from that situation it restarts.

Common problem with all two strokes.

Edited by BushPig

13 minutes ago, Dano79 said:

Cheers mate, might look into the T piece idea.

Good plan.

Mine are just into the airbox, which is apparently a shit way of doing it. That might actually explain why my bike can be a real pig to start for no reason sometimes when I drop it.

I might re do it like suggested.

I'm assuming these are joined internally so it's just matter of plumbing 2 up the top of the frame. The only other hose is the bowl drain which can get looped up a bit anyway...

carby 1.jpg

carby 2.jpg