Sign in to follow this  

It was a heck of journey old friend.

Well, I finally did it, I sold my DRZ.  I bought a brand new 2004 DRZ400S in 2005.  With plenty of help from this forum I spent a boatload of money on the girl.  At one point I had it setup for both dirt and street (SM).   I added plenty of Mods over the years including E Cams, E Pipe, E base gasket, Case Savers, Scotts stabilizer, Rental Bars, Heated Grips, MCCT, and god knows what else.  [Once again, thanks to this forum, for helping me spend money.]

In 2009 I bought a WR450 and plated it.  The DRZ spent one more summer as a backup bike for my brother and friends.  In 2010 it found a spot in our Barn... up until a week ago.

Long story short, after a 7 year sleep I put a jump pack on it and it started right up.  I thought for sure I was going to spend a weekend getting the carb cleaned out and making it pretty again.  However, a half hour with a power washer and she was trail ready again.  I did a 60 mile loop with it on Saturday and on Saturday night I got an offer I couldn’t refuse.  [My original plan was to clean it up and try to trade for a golf cart.]

It was a lot more emotional than I expected, I forgot how much I really liked that bike.  I was really tempted to turn down the offer, since my brother in law is just getting into trail riding and he really liked it.

In the end, I sold it to a friend… I hope it servers her well.

• Like 4

Enjoy it! That will probably be my next bike. I'm going to try to keep the dizzer though

Edited by HansLanda