2009 Honda CRF450R 17 ounce flywheel

Anybody have any experience with changing out the stock flywheel to a heavier 17 ounce ? My research tells me the 17 ounce is the heaviest available to me . Looking for a tamer power band because I am an older guy and mostly trail , scramble and endure ride . Thanks !

Ya... Been there done that...
Had an '04, put a 15oz on.
That bike will never be "tame".
The worst part is where the power comes on. The 450r is too high strung for real Enduro. (Low speed ultra tech)
You'll notice a difference.
It'll be like 15-20% harder to stall.
It'll reduce the power hit by around the same amount.
You'll have to do some grinding on the stator cover.
Now that I trail ride a beta 300rr re, in my mind the 450r is a desert bike. Wonderful there....
Good luck !

10 hours ago, jayboy36 said:

Anybody have any experience with changing out the stock flywheel to a heavier 17 ounce ? My research tells me the 17 ounce is the heaviest available to me . Looking for a tamer power band because I am an older guy and mostly trail , scramble and endure ride . Thanks !

Have the ECU remapped to tame the power, cheap and reversible.

11 hours ago, Eddie8v said:

Have the ECU remapped to tame the power, cheap and reversible.

Thanks Guys for your input ! Ill check in to both suggestions . I wondering if both ideas could be done and really bring down the stalling issue and drastic power band ?

We installed a Trail tech flywheel on my buddies 14 crf450r, You have to replace the cam chain guide bolt with the bolt provided in the kit but other then that its easy. Not 100% sure if its the same installation as the 09 but i'll look it up!