Anyone buy a SXS slide plate?

This is my top pick, but have been trying for more than a week to make contact with the company and or owner. Looks like a nice product, but will most likely buy another brand unless someone knows of some for sale or how to contact the mfg and get a reply.

Tia.

EMailed, phoned several times, left two messages. I will try once more then I guess  I will buy a  TMbrand skid plate, unless anyone knows of some other plastic one that protects the linkage? There is a company in France called AXP that makes them for KTM s and will soon have one for the YZ. I need this part ASAP.

Edited by nicad

I wanted one too.  Mainly the linkage guard. So I decided to make my own. It turns out to be really cheap and easy. You buy the plastic in the form of a 1/4" thick kitchen cutting "bread" board. Then cut out the piece you need and then form shape it using heat. It requires a fair amount of heat.

For my link guard I just bolted it to the back of my alum bash guard so there is a smooth transition from alum to the plastic. I bent a subtle S like curve in it so it fits over the shock end a little more pretty. Like a single smooth step.  I love it. Good impact protection and my lower shock bearing stays clean and well lubed for much longer. Surprising how much crud off the front tire lands on it.

If you can buy a large enough plastic cutting boards then I think it'd be pretty easy to make a full bash plate. Just cut out the approximate flat shape. Bolt it on using the hook mounts from your old alum guard. Start scribing lines and heat bending, and remove a few times and repeat to trim the edges back.

On 22/05/2017 at 7:41 PM, nicad said:

EMailed, phoned several times, left two messages. I will try once more then I guess  I will buy a  TMbrand skid plate, unless anyone knows of some other plastic one that protects the linkage? There is a company in France called AXP that makes them for KTM s and will soon have one for the YZ. I need this part ASAP.

AXP has made YZF/WRF/YZFX at this time and they planned to make also for YZ125/250 !

http://axpracing.com/gb/106-xtrem-skid-plate 

6 minutes ago, nicad said:

Yeah, your product looks Great for the KTM and is very well reviewed on Slavens Racing.  Good look with bringing this to market for the YZ. Peut etre a la prochaine!!

Glad to read it !

We do our best so far !

You can follow us on Facebook , we use to update the page when we have a new product ? 

• Like 1

i've had sxs full plates on 3 different bikes and i can positively say they work well and it's a very good product, never have issues getting in touch with jon, he's typically very quick with email response.  i currently ride an mx bike that requires a frame drill for the sxs plate to mount, so i have the TM designs full plate, but i had to modify the mounting hardware before it would properly secure on the rear portion.  out of the box the rear portion is secured by screwing into plastic. does not cut it.