Sign in to follow this  

What can you tell me about the GSXR1100

Hey, 

im not new to thumpertalk but I am new to the street bike section. I have been riding and racing dirtbikes for over ten years now, and it's finally the time to get on the street. A family friend who owned storage units repoed a 1996 GSXR1100 and let me have it. It needs some work and is visually rough, as it was a stunt bike. What all can you tell me about them? I'm on the fence between keeping it, or flipping it for profit. Thanks

IMG_2038.JPG.212a95d911410c43662dc21e16869a8a.JPG

look it over real good for frame swing arm motormount wheel cracks if it's actually been stunted and not just a poser stunter.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 10:13 PM, 2000YZ250 said:

Most common spots?

Everywhere. If it's been stunted, I'd put the least amount of $$ in it as possible and peddle it. There's no telling how many times it's been overheated to the point of locking up from long burnouts. There's no telling how many times the bottom end has been starved of oil from wheelies. There's no telling how many times it's been dropped/crashed. There's just no telling. When it comes to a bike that has been stunted, my outlook is, "give me $100 and I'll haul it off"..

• Like 1