KX250 Hanging Throttle

I have a 2003 KX250, over the last 2 years intermittently and totally random I have had the throttle stick around 1/4 open when riding.  I have replaced the cable, routed the cable the way the manual suggests, and a few months ago re-jetted and switched to the Suzuki needle, so that is new.  One of the times it stuck I pulled in the clutch, shut the motor off, and started trouble shooting it.  The throttle tube was free and had slack in the cable, the problem was for sure at the carburetor, but during careful disassembly of the bike to get to the carb it freed & I never determined the cause.  It's been working great for the last 15 hours, until yesterday...  I'm coming out of a left hand turn (left should be slack in the cable not pulling it) It slippery so I'm working the throttle and the damn thing sticks.  I crash!! During the crash the throttle free's itself and the bike lays on it's side idling (Rekluse clutch), I pick it up finish racing almost an hour and a half of covering the clutch and waiting for it to kill me.  Never acts up again.  Every time it acts up I take it apart clean everything look for burs, wear, etc, and I never see anything obvious.  I have read about vacuum causing the slide to hang, the bike doesn't show any signs of a crank seal issue.  I have read some about carb vent hose's causing slide hang, but I've never had that on any other bike.  I'm debating about replacing the entire carburetor or at least the slide, spring, and plastic cable lock.   I love the bike, but I might have to park it before it seriously hurts me...   Anybody have any ideas?         

I'd replace the throttle tube and all that stuff on the handlebar before I threw a carb at it.  Maybe a new spring in the carb.  They can wear flats on them and weaken which might be causing weird shit.  Spring might be getting bound up or overlapped on itself.

Like turbo Dan suggested just make sure it's not the throttle tube/grip sticking at the end of the handlebar . I've seen a couple people swear it was hanging up in the carb and it be the tube/grip hang.

PLOWKING

is the plastic ring on the end of the spring in the carb that holds the cable in seated in the slot correctly ?

Thanks for the advice.  kxrob I have checked the plastic ring a couple times and it looks seated to me.  I think I will replace the handlebar stuff, the spring, and plastic ring.  I have been reading about some people venting half the carb vents into the air box, anybody familiar with that?

Bill