Just bought a new Beta! Looking for friends to ride with

Just brought this girl home. I am a fairly new rider and would live to meet some people to ride with in the Portland area 20170522_112900.jpg

• Like 2

I have no experience in this area. I have been riding the last few years with friends in california, mostly desert with a bit of single track. I am excited to explore the area. I am not a great rider but will not slow you down too much.

7 hours ago, cheerfulpimp said:

I have no experience in this area. I have been riding the last few years with friends in california, mostly desert with a bit of single track. I am excited to explore the area. I am not a great rider but will not slow you down too much.

I suggest you find a nearby ride area and then find an easy section for you to get the absolute basics down. When you are at a ride area, don't hesitate to go up to folks and introduce yourself and chat. It will not take terribly long for you to make ride buddies if you are outgoing and social with folks. That said, NEVER trust others until you know them. You don't know if you'll get abandoned on the trail, lost, or they know little or nothing too, etc..... I have found that it's best to prepare to be all alone the first time you ride with another person. So, don't count on their tools, maps, experience, navigation resources etc. 

When you do ride, you may ride alone, so make sure;

• You have enough hydration in a bad situation
  • You have a paper map of the area
  • Your spouse knows where you are, when you will return
  • You have a tracking program on your smart phone to help keep you from getting lost (they are free, alltrails.com is mine)
  • Make sure to bring some basic tools with you
  • If you've never been on a trail, be very careful and don't go up or down anything beyond your skill level alone 

I'm in the Tacoma area, otherwise I'd be happy to ride with you. 

Edited by TigerTanker

If you ever come down to Redding ca I'll ride with you we got a pretty good ohv. Can't promise I'll like you very much considering you just bought my dream bike lol jk.

Well we dirt bikers are climate criminals already so....

Go to the Shelton poker run this weekend. Great place to ride for any skill level

• Like 3