[Req] Alternative to Scorpion XCMH

I'm looking for a tire similar to the Scorpion XCMH but that will last a lot longer. I ride in a lot of rocky areas, double track with loose gravel and a bit of beginner level single track with hard pack and rocks. The XCMH is perfect for where I ride, the issue is that below is what is left of them after only 3 rides.

The first ride with them feels like I'm on rails cruising down gravel roads and climbing rocky hills., planted and sticky. The second ride found me sliding around a bit more but they were still great. Half way through the third ride I felt like there are patches of ice under my tires at times and I'm sliding around a lot. 

20170522_170519.jpg.2b46dc3f1a1189ef69fc51018638af98.jpg

I keep hearing good things about the Shinko Cheater 505, the tread pattern is a little tighter though and they may not be as good on the loose stuff.

The aussies over at Cross Training Enduro Skills just posted their long term review of the cheaters.

16 hours ago, Kompact said:

I'm looking for a tire similar to the Scorpion XCMH but that will last a lot longer. I ride in a lot of rocky areas, double track with loose gravel and a bit of beginner level single track with hard pack and rocks. The XCMH is perfect for where I ride, the issue is that below is what is left of them after only 3 rides.

The first ride with them feels like I'm on rails cruising down gravel roads and climbing rocky hills., planted and sticky. The second ride found me sliding around a bit more but they were still great. Half way through the third ride I felt like there are patches of ice under my tires at times and I'm sliding around a lot. 

I keep hearing good things about the Shinko Cheater 505, the tread pattern is a little tighter though and they may not be as good on the loose stuff.

Try out a MT16. I was a XCMH and then switched to MT16. I'm on my 3rd or 4th MT16 now.