CA plated WR450F with supermoto conversion

Is this too far from reality? I would love to get a 2015+ WR450F , some how make it street legal and get a supermoto kit for it. I am mechanically inclined so don't mind doing the work. I'll ride dirt when I want to after changing wheels, removing mirrors and stuff, will ride adams motorsport park with sumo stuff on when I want to and if I wanna carve canyons with buddies I can load it on the back of my 4runner, meet with friends near crest or mullholland and ride canyons since its plated (I have no desire to take it on the freeway), then load back and come home.

I can do all this except the plate obviously, but that plate....how do I get the plate?

53 minutes ago, digitalzombie said:

Is this too far from reality? I would love to get a 2015+ WR450F , some how make it street legal and get a supermoto kit for it. I am mechanically inclined so don't mind doing the work. I'll ride dirt when I want to after changing wheels, removing mirrors and stuff, will ride adams motorsport park with sumo stuff on when I want to and if I wanna carve canyons with buddies I can load it on the back of my 4runner, meet with friends near crest or mullholland and ride canyons since its plated (I have no desire to take it on the freeway), then load back and come home.

I can do all this except the plate obviously, but that plate....how do I get the plate?

PM me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, digitalzombie said:

We do Malibu in the summer on WR450's. The 16's are pretty awesome. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, digitalzombie said:

Go to KTM dealership.

Buy 500exc.

Done.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, mitchb said:

Go to KTM dealership.

Buy 500exc.

Done.

Kinda gets to the point where we should support those that support us.  Yamaha won't pay to certify a street version...  and now it looks like they wont even do a Green Version. Why support Yamaha at all ?  :thinking:

• Like 1

Go to KTM dealership.
Buy 500exc.
Done.

I thought about it, 12 13k otd is not something I wanna pay that I am gonna trash on the trails.
  • Like 1

Kinda gets to the point where we should support those that support us.  Yamaha won't pay to certify a street version...  and now it looks like they wont even do a Green Version. Why support Yamaha at all ?  :thinking:

Yeah but KTM and KTM dealers make sure you pay for that support. I love the bikes but they are so damn expensive....

5 minutes ago, digitalzombie said:

Yeah but KTM and KTM dealers make sure you pay for that support. I love the bikes but they are so damn expensive....

Plenty of great deals out there for lightly used for the patient guy.  A plated WR ain't gonna cost much less than an equivalent Plated KTM.

Plenty of great deals out there for lightly used for the patient guy.  A plated WR ain't gonna cost much less than an equivalent Plated KTM.

Good advice

You may already know this...  but you can create saved searches on Craigslist so you get emails within minutes of someone posting a new listing on things you are interested in.  That's how I snag stuff often before other folks even know it's up for sale.  I might wait months...  and I try to be flexible about a few models I would own...  I try to have cash in hand (sock drawer)... and then when the right deal hits my email I POUNCE !  9PM I am calling the guy and gonna be at his house at 6-7AM even if I gotta be up at 4AM to make the drive. :smirk:

F250 bought within 4 hours of listing

30 foot race trailer...  less than 1 hour after listing

2008 KTM 530 had deposit down 3 hours after listing posted

2004 Honda CR500AF 3 hours

2011 KTM 350 sxf 2-3 hours

2013 KTM 250sx 3-4 hours

2013 KTM 450 sxf 8 hours

You get the idea...  I was ready to buy when they came available and JUMPED... before they got the idea that someone else might pay more.

Best of luck whatever you decide on.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Pfffttt. No. Please..........

Perhaps viable was the wrong word...I mean, if it pleases the crown, perhaps there's a way to do it?
  • Like 1

Not '15+, or supermoto, but have one and about to add a second only $3k into each, so yes it can be done.  Research and patience.....  The latest orange offerings are amazing but pricey.  At the prices I'm picking these "older" WR's up at, I could have 4 for the price of one KTM. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thor said:

At the prices I'm picking these "older" WR's up at, I could have 3 old clunky WRs for the price of one brand new shiney KTM.  But a new clunky Yamaha would cost pretty close to the same as a new KTM and be RED STICKER ONLY. :facepalm:

Fixed

12 minutes ago, stevethe said:

I like the 07-11 WR's then just jump to the 16'. 

Ive had my 08 on the road for years and years.

IMG_1606.JPG

Bone Stock.

• Like 1