FCR question

I have been trying to sort through all the threads but I figure I will throw a pic of my FCR that I have.  It has a large Velocity stack on it already.  I was thinking I was going to need the NOSS adapter but with this bolt on adapter could it work already or does it have to be a little longer and offset? This velocity stack is the same Diameter almost as the large end of the noss.. Is there another stock intake horn that the Noss epoxies too?  Heck I guess I could go out in the shop and answer a few of my own questions..lol  thanks for reading and assistance..

20170522_172308.jpg

Edited by Pat4wd

I vaguely recall there were some OEM brands of FCR carbs that had removable intakes, but most did not.

I think the FCR-MX model of carb as used from the factory on most dirt bikes is different than the aftermarket slant body ones.  I don't know if the intake bell will swap.

5 minutes ago, heart_of_darkness said:

I vaguely recall there were some OEM brands of FCR carbs that had removable intakes, but most did not.

I think the FCR-MX model of carb as used from the factory on most dirt bikes is different than the aftermarket slant body ones.  I don't know if the intake bell will swap.

I have the late model fcr-mx and it has removable intake adapter. I did not want the slant body so this is looking like I will have the best all around set up. I posted above all the different adapters sudco sells.  It is looking good and I like the thought of not having to epoxy a NOSS adapter on.  Much more of a factory feel.  I will update once I have it all installed and running well. :)

Edited by Pat4wd

39 minutes ago, notoriousE-R-I-C said:

The factory epoxies nothing of the sort
It sure will seal though

Not sure what you mean? But I will be happy to not epoxy anything

Honda doesn't use glue with anything involving intake.
I hear you on using some. I smidgened Hondabond into my PVC coupler. But that's hard plastic. Its got an 8mm hoseclamp, but its no airbox manifold. Its sealed. But its far from factory

• Like 1

I guess I am not following you,  I was thinking I was going to have to epoxy the NOSS adapter on. Didn't realize what I had bought till afterword's.  Looking forward to it.

The NOSS adapter is a very snug fit. You could seal it up with silicone or epoxy. A light coat of JB Weld mates everything up nice and air-tight.

• Like 1

JBweld dripping off of something is not factory or clean IMO. I like things to look like it would have come from the factory. 

Nothing wrong with something being functional but I like clean functional parts, here is a head stay I machined for my aluminum framed cr 500 I built as a example. 

Blackberry Stuff 187.jpg

Blackberry Stuff 196.jpg

Blackberry Stuff 190.jpg

• Like 2

JB WELD on the adapter  on my bike worked perfectly.....if you can`t apply it and not look decent then maybe you should should step back

from the part you are putting on and let someone else do it...you`d have to look some close with the carb off my bike to see it was epoxied on...there is just a bead showing if looked at an angle.....no freekin dripping..if you want to spend days screwin around making everythinhg look factory go right ahead,,,a pile of people have used this instead of drain pipes and printed plastic adapters..

spending a week making it look like it was made for the bike is fine if you have nothing better to do,,but on the intake side it only sees air,,and why the heck would you

care if if it`s not removeable after...makes no sense,,i want it sealed from dust....

B

• Like 3

Nobody was insulting your choice of getting the bike running..  it is not what I would do but neither is wrong. Hell you can use bubblegum for all I care. Lol

Edited by Pat4wd

The correct answer would be ''Because I'm making it out of magnesium or titanium and I have nothing better to do.'' , not ''Everybody else is an idiot''.   :moon:

• Like 2