KTM 300 EXC Six Days vs KTM 300 XC-W Six Days

I've been looking into both of these as new bikes lately since I came into a decent amount of money (so I'm looking at the 2017 models). Now, I know the primary difference between the two is that the XC-W has a wide ratio tranny. Since I can't find a ton of information on these bikes, I just have a few questions. I've heard the EXC is slow many times, is this true? I've also heard that due to its power, the XC-W isn't that great for trails. I usually ride on the street to get to the trails I ride and occasionally ride on small tracks, and I'd like to be able to go out to the dunes and possibly use it on a supermoto track, so I wouldn't mind a little extra power (this makes me lean towards the XC-W). But on the trails I think the XC-W may have too much power. But since I've been told the EXC is slow, I would rather have too much power on trails instead of too little. So which one of these bikes do you think is better? So far I'm leaning towards the XC-W.

Like the last guy said, its the same bike. Older XC-W's were called an EXC, even in the U.S. I believe in 2006 they first started calling the EXC the XC-W and the MXC the XC. Some four stroke bikes have EXC in their model, but it just means it can be road legal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lahms said:

Like the last guy said, its the same bike. Older XC-W's were called an EXC, even in the U.S. I believe in 2006 they first started calling the EXC the XC-W and the MXC the XC. Some four stroke bikes have EXC in their model, but it just means it can be road legal.

Thanks you guys lol

• Like 1

If you've never ridden a KTM 300 and end up with a new XCW, you'll love it and not know how miserable you are.

Seriously.

Edited by dyrtmon
  • Like 3