'07 to '17 SM Wheel swap?

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of selling my mx bike and '07 WR450 to fund a nearly new '17 WR450. My '07 came with a set of Yamaha supplied SM wheels (stock hubs with silver Excel rims) Will these wheels fit the new bike? Should I hold onto them? They've got fresh Conti SMs on, plus a brand new 320mm EBC disc. I know they dont fit the later YZ/F models but I've no idea if they fit the later WR's.

No doubt you guys already have the answer (I hope for the sake of my wallet they do!)

Many thanks

If the wheels fit the 07, then they will fit the 17 as they use the same OEM wheels

Front brake caliper fitment maybe diff as I believe the 17 WR450 has a 270mm disc, so if you use a caliper relocator bracket designed to convert a 250mm disc (as fitted to the 07) to 320mm, then it will convert it to 340mm on the '17 as I think the caliper is the same and Yamaha accommodated the bigger disc in the fork leg bracket of the '17

Edited by GuyGraham

Hey bud, I agree with GuyGraham and support your decision on the 2017 wr450f. I just bought one new a week ago and uncorked it and tuned the ecu. Thing rips like a king. You'll love it if you go that path.