Honda CR 125 1990 54.00mm? Domed or Flat Piston? Works Pipe

Hi folks, Honda CR 125 1990 model,  standard is 54.00mm bore? Domed or Flat Piston?  Some pistons sites sell pistons as same 90-97 but I belive? that 90-91 have a domed head piston? And pistons are also avaibile in 54.50mm, if use that piston will the cylinder need to bore up and new nicasil or fits when cylinder nicasil is getting used up?

Hole on the intake side on Piston for 1990 CR 125?

I see some special cylinder heads to with light aircooled style on, who sell them?

I hope you CR 125 experts here can help.

CR125heads.jpg

Edited by LasseCR

On 5/23/2017 at 5:12 AM, LasseCR said:

Hi folks, Honda CR 125 1990 model,  standard is 54.00mm bore? Domed or Flat Piston?  Some pistons sites sell pistons as same 90-97 but I belive? that 90-91 have a domed head piston? And pistons are also avaibile in 54.50mm, if use that piston will the cylinder need to bore up and new nicasil or fits when cylinder nicasil is getting used up?

Hole on the intake side on Piston for 1990 CR 125?

I see some special cylinder heads to with light aircooled style on, who sell them?

I hope you CR 125 experts here can help.

I'm not trying be a jerk man, but if you want people to help you they need to know wtf you're actually asking and talking about. Proof read your post real good and fix all the wording and spelling before hitting the submit button. You'll get a better response.

I got a 94' CR125. The standard cylinder bore is 54mm. I don't know anything about a domed piston head. All piston heads I've ever seen are flat. You should buy the correct piston size for your bore of 54mm. The piston size for a 54mm bore is gonna be slightly smaller than 54mm obviously. If I were you, I would get the cylinder honed and replated back to OEM specs of 54mm so that you can use standard top end kits in the future. It'll cost money but everything about owning a dirt bike costs money. If you have the cylinder bored up to a greater diameter then the valve guides are gonna have to be shaved accordingly also or they will protrude into the cylinder. And you will have to always find the exact right piston size for your bore in the future.

Edited by PigHead
My bad I see you're from Sweden. That explains the grammar.