Who's your rider?? Predictions for Nationals?

Who are you guys pulling for this season, and what are your predictions for the '17 Nationals?

With Dungey retired, I'm probably going to pull for Musquin. I like all the Baker Boys tho (including Oz before he was being trained by Aldon). 

I kinda hope Barcia does well too. I liked not liking him for so long, that I actually missed seeing Bam Bam's aggression after he was out. I'm a Webb fan but I don't see him being a top contender after Hangtown. I think ultimately Tomac is the guy to beat-he's on a different level, but he may just beat himself ?

Fav. contender: Musquin

Fav. riders: Webb/Anderson

Nationals champ: Tomac

• Like 1

250s Martin or Oz is who I think a d want to win. 

450s I think Tomac will win. I like watching Tomac ride but I can't stand listening to him talk. His personality is as stale as a month old Saltine and his interviews are boring. I like watching Marvin ride too, but I can't stand his interviews either, he talks like he has a mouth full of marbles buthe is very likable. 

I  want to see either Eli or Martin win because I like watching them ride. 

Edited by GBowman
  • Like 2

Haha Tomac's personality really is pretty stale.. He and Dungey were opposite-ET3 is fun to watch and boring to listen to, Dungey wasn't that entertaining to watch, but was very diplomatic and well-spoken.

Budlite right on the money for me as well with Grant and Baggett reversed

47 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

No favorite and don't really care who wins as long as there is good battling all season in both classes. 

X10....Points battle to the end, and some never heard of private wins by 2 points....

and wouldn't that be good for the sport, as a bunch of other never heards start showing up cause "billy ray" won it last year !

• Like 1

ET3 sure is leagues ahead as far as outright speed, but that comes at a heavy cost should he go down, and I expect he might.

Webb needs time with the 450, especially on the strange handling YZ.

I think Anderson and Baggett may be a threat.

Musquin is better at SX IMO.

21 hours ago, GBowman said:

250s Martin or Oz is who I think a d want to win. 

450s I think Tomac will win. I like watching Tomac ride but I can't stand listening to him talk. His personality is as stale as a month old Saltine and his interviews are boring. I like watching Marvin ride too, but I can't stand his interviews either, he talks like he has a mouth full of marbles buthe is very likable. 

I  want to see either Eli or Martin win because I like watching them ride. 

Ya I feel like Mooseskin has become very charismatic on the 450. I wish his consistency was there. I too like him and very much enjoy his story. His story (as well as Dungey) inspires me and I hope he takes it to a conclusion with a title.

I agree with Zacko and it is why I in no way found offense with his last lap move on Savatgy. It was not a Barcia take-out it was a last desperate attempt to achieve a dream. I think he will do the same in the nationals.

If you are talking JMart, does he have the bike? AMart does but I thought he looked a touch uncomfortable on the KTM.

Premier is hard. I know Tomac has undefeatable speed, but does he finally keep it out of the dirt? Is he truly a headcase that cannot keep it together and finish a title run? (don't talk to me about lites I already know)

BTW I am so sick of the *. Look whoever wins the title is the best man standing at that time. Who cares if McGrath or Rick Johnson were not there. Period, if they won that year they were the best man standing.

• Like 2

No matter what, the 250's should be a great battle all year.  I disagree with those that say JMart is on a slow bike.  He looked more racy on the Yamaha, but the Honda is not slow.  He averaged the fastest laps in the 2nd moto and was not in clean air most of the race like Osborne was.  He should be right there by the end of this thing. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

No matter what, the 250's should be a great battle all year.  I disagree with those that say JMart is on a slow bike.  He looked more racy on the Yamaha, but the Honda is not slow.  He averaged the fastest laps in the 2nd moto and was not in clean air most of the race like Osborne was.  He should be right there by the end of this thing. 

I agree about Jmart for the most part.  But, if he doesn't get decent starts, he's not going to be able to chase Osborne down.  He's needs to start with Osborne and battle up front.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mudd94 said:

I agree about Jmart for the most part.  But, if he doesn't get decent starts, he's not going to be able to chase Osborne down.  He's needs to start with Osborne and battle up front.  

Yeah he definitely does.  The last few years he has not had great starts.  In 2014 he was consistently pretty good at the start, 2015 he had some horrific starts, not all his fault but won championships both years.  Osborne has definitely stepped it up this year, but I still feel like the bike is not holding him back.  When you look at 2016 outdoors and 2017 indoors, the guy has missed a ton of races.  Barring injury, he's going to be right there at the end along with Forkner, Plessinger, AMart and hopefully AC. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Yeah he definitely does.  The last few years he has not had great starts.  In 2014 he was consistently pretty good at the start, 2015 he had some horrific starts, not all his fault but won championships both years.  Osborne has definitely stepped it up this year, but I still feel like the bike is not holding him back.  When you look at 2016 outdoors and 2017 indoors, the guy has missed a ton of races.  Barring injury, he's going to be right there at the end along with Forkner, Plessinger, AMart and hopefully AC. 

Oh I agree 1000% about the bike.  Especially since he's been testing for outdoors for quite a while.  He should have a leg up.

I have a feeling Forkner is going to get better and better.  Might even ruin some championship hopes for some dudes.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jz125 said:

BTW I am so sick of the *. Look whoever wins the title is the best man standing at that time. Who cares if McGrath or Rick Johnson were not there. Period, if they won that year they were the best man standing.

DSCF5034.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

DSCF5034.jpg

LMAO!!!!! Love the protractor!

So you actually went out and purchased six con rods from a SX-F 450 just to make that for me? You shouldn't have.

• Like 2

I'm kind of enjoying reading all these nicknames for Musquin^?

11 hours ago, Husa your Daddy? said:

Webb needs time with the 450, especially on the strange handling YZ.

I think Anderson and Baggett may be a threat.

Musquin is better at SX IMO.

Yeah, Webb does need some time on the 450. But do you think he would be a bigger threat on a different bike? 

15 minutes ago, 3ackary87 said:

I'm kind of enjoying reading all these nicknames for Musquin^?

Yeah, Webb does need some time on the 450. But do you think he would be a bigger threat on a different bike? 

Maybe a bike team with more testing and time with the bike, last year was this teams first year this is CWs first year with  new bike and completely new team.