Knees hit handlebars?

Every once in a while, and not every ride my knee will hit my handlebars. Mostly my left knee. Wondering if it's just my poor form or should I be looking for slightly taller bars. I am 5'10" with boots on. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

I had to buy new bars anyway so I got Jimmy Button Moto cross bars. They are wide and the most tallest bars made so I dont need bar risers. I 100% agree with Confederate f you have good bars get  the risers.

Taller bars/risers will definitely help. With that said, I'm short with even shorter legs and occasionally hit my knee on any bike while trail riding if my form is off in the corners. Gotta keep the leg almost straight and pointed way forward; close to the point of the front axle. YMMV

I don't think going up is the answer. There is a good thread on here discussing the 230's riding position. I followed the advice and used the Rox bar risers, but installed them with the bars in the forward position. It moved the bars 2" forward and really helped the cockpit, much easier to transition to standing and easier to stand longer.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2017 at 4:28 PM, jeffrow68 said:

I don't think going up is the answer. There is a good thread on here discussing the 230's riding position. I followed the advice and used the Rox bar risers, but installed them with the bars in the forward position. It moved the bars 2" forward and really helped the cockpit, much easier to transition to standing and easier to stand longer.

Agreed. I have to move my bars up and forward on all my bikes. 

Tusk 7/8" ATV bend bars have like 6" rise.