New guy kx125 2001

I had a Yamaha growing up rode it for years it was a small 80 bored over to a 110 it was a full blown racing bike blah blah blah.... So I went out and bought a kx125 got it for $200 needed the top end rebuilt. I have the jug currently being replated putting a wiseco pro lite piston in her. I'll add pictures below. The bike has pro circuit everything on it from exhaust to crank and clutch covers, also has some c.f. reeds with spares. But it has a Boyesen water pump??? I have searched high and low and cannot find a replacement, or a rebuild kit for it. I have ordered a crap load of parts from brake lines to rebuild kits, and the only thing I am missing is the water pump?? A little help please? I have more pictures and the damage to the jug isn't that bad but I'd rather do it right.received_1746118072070117.jpeghttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5924388a1ed21/received_1746118885403369.jpeg?

received_1749845051697419.jpeg

Top end gasket kit
Prolight wiseco piston
Winderosa water pump rebuild kit
Outlaw racing clutch
Moose racing as beaded front brake line
Throttle valve spring
Moose racing billet alluminium throttle tube
Throttle cable
Carb rebuild kit
Asv f3 unbreakable brake and clutch levers
Fillguard air filter
Rh cover oem
Replated cylinder
Flu designs pro ribbed seat
New plastics
Flu design decal kit
Scott handlebar grips
Not counting my gear is $1000 without replate of head included update all parts ordered.

i spy a black frame as well , bike is looking good

• Like 1

Ok I have a question about the jets in the carb. I recently rebuilt the carb and replaced most Phillips heads with an Allen head but while replacing the jets all were the same except 1. I just cleaned it and put it back in. Is there a reason that the main jet would stay I want to say 360(whatever stock is) and the pilot be bigger? I am a little confused on the whole jetting thing.

Slowly piece by piece. Now if langcourt would hurry up I could throw it all back together..................IMG_20170609_170316.jpg

• Like 1

Finally cylinder has arrived with a whopping cost of $387(includes piston). Whew I will post pics when I put it all back together. My wife is going to kill me total build cost is around $1600.

5 hours ago, Kx125/01 said:

Finally cylinder has arrived with a whopping cost of $387(includes piston). Whew I will post pics when I put it all back together. My wife is going to kill me total build cost is around $1600.

mate that is a cheap bike that you now know the history of and will last a long time , it's either that or a silly loan for a new bike of $8000 + i would imagine

my ~$1400 usd kx250 now owes me ~$3100 usd but that is over 4 years so not that bad really

Yeah that's why I bought a $200 bike that didn't run...

Here are some pictures and the finished product. I couldn't figure out how the stupid radiator shrouds went after 30mins of wondering I just drilled holes in then and attatched to the lower front fareing.received_1794398390575418.jpegreceived_1794409703907620.jpegreceived_1794598343888756.jpegreceived_1794598490555408.jpeg

looks good 

only one more mod need now and thats a 2016 kxf front fender and number plate 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kx125/01 said:

Ok so what size fender 250?

250 and 450 is the same

• Like 1