Sign in to follow this  

Model E vs S Exhaust Pipe Footpeg Mounts

I have researched the threads on this exhaust pipe topic but still unclear on the differences on the exhaust

pipe mount at the rear footpegs on an S versus an E model, (I can’t find a good photo of this). I have 2 scenarios/questions.

I’ve read that the E front head pipe has a larger outlet diameter (41mm I believe) than the S headpipe does.

1. I want to use a E front headpipe on my 2001 S model using my OEM stock S muffler, how do you connect the two,

have a muffler shop expand the stock pipe or fool around with using adapters? Or can it be done at all without being a PIA?

2. Let’s assume that the E headpipe is successfully connected to the stock S muffler and 2 years later I decide to add an aftermarket muffler.

Which way would be the easiest : A. Order a muffler that fits the S which will require connecting the two pipes together (again), but the footpeg mount will be the same.

or B. Order a muffler for the E model, the 2 pipes (should) simply slip together, but the footpeg mount will be different and needs modified (somehow).

I just want the easiest way, this rear footpeg mount is where I’m stuck on a decision…… I want to get the new headpipe soon, maybe a new muffler next year. Thanks for your inputs.

Ahh a picture IS worth thousand words. Thanks so much for taking the time for me. I'll buy 'ya a beer when you come to Pittsburgh...

• Like 1

Ahh a picture IS worth thousand words. Thanks so much for taking the time for me. I'll buy 'ya a beer when you come to Pittsburgh...

Never mind what I said about the bracket, the threads are in the subframe. I had a brain fart. You will eventually strip out the aluminum threads if you run the E model because you have to thread thru the frame then into the exhaust. I used to have a E model Yoshimura exhaust on my SM.