My 250X build / reviews

So here's my 2017 250X with all her bling and motor mods..

RB Head and slide mod - hard to tell whether it helped

STIC Metering rod - definite power bump, not sure it helped with MPGs and did not make jetting easier

PV Mod - AWESOME "DO IT"

Unabiker Rad braces - Awesome

FMF "GYTR" silencer - looks great and has S/A performace gains not so sure on

Hammerhead shifter +10 offset - really like it so far and boot does not get hung up under it like OE

Tusk brake pedal - also looks killer and provides much better feel and footprint for braking

Sunline breakaway clutch lever - reduced pull a little and looks killer plus it's supposed to unbreakable

Tubliss system rear tire, will be doing front soon, only way to go!!

Cycra hand guards and skid plate, would not buy the skid plate again, fitment is bla and PITA to get off which is a must for oil changes.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Edited by Wrfrk
  • Like 3

Just to be 100% clear, being that I've been out of the loop for the past 6 months...PV Mod as in removing 1 washer from the governor, correct?

3 minutes ago, AnimalMother85 said:

Just to be 100% clear, being that I've been out of the loop for the past 6 months...PV Mod as in removing 1 washer from the governor, correct?

Correct.....

Nice write up, thank you. Makes me  wonder if I will do the head mod at all, as my X (actually a WR250LC) runs just great as it is. 

Would the PV mod be good for a bit more low end torque? 

1 hour ago, yo_eddie said:

Nice write up, thank you. Makes me  wonder if I will do the head mod at all, as my X (actually a WR250LC) runs just great as it is. 

It helps on rev -out . Mine would not open the power valve up fully till the top of it's range . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yo_eddie said:

Not sure it gives you "more" torque but it gives you the meat sooner....... So in a way yes!

• Like 2

Nice build. Looks good. The PV Mod is something I am thinking about. 

Is the rear fender white? you added that? looks sharp. 

1 hour ago, davevinc1080 said:

Nice build. Looks good. The PV Mod is something I am thinking about. 

Is the rear fender white? you added that? looks sharp. 

Yup it's white and yes I added it... thanks !

• Like 2

On 5/23/2017 at 6:09 PM, Wrfrk said:

Hammerhead shifter +10 offset - really like it so far and boot does not get hung up under it like OE

What size boot do you wear? 

Nice looking bike, white rear fenders are the way to go, but you covered it up with that sticker :facepalm:

For the PV mod, which washer is removed and does it work for an 05?

Regarding the Head I have had 2 RB heads and one Kelsey RK tech head to compare.

the Kelsey head wins.  more linear than all and more immediate roll-on off the bottom.   however this 2 piece head is 2x more $, but with that you are supposed to get better cooling.

On 5/23/2017 at 6:09 PM, Wrfrk said:

Cycra hand guards and skid plate, would not buy the skid plate again, fitment is bla and PITA to get off which is a must for oil changes.

Have you seen my post on changing oil with skid plate attached? Some don't care about some oil dripping in the plate, but others do. If you do, you can do this. It keeps 100% of the oil off the bike and adds about 10 seconds to an oil change (sliding the tube through the plate).

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, Wrfrk said:

Tusk brake pedal - also looks killer and provides much better feel and footprint for braking

Does this pedal shorten the distance between the foot peg and the pedal platform at all?  I want to move mine about 10mm back, I'll either make something to nicely relocate the stock one or buy a new pedal assembly. 

Cheers.

1 hour ago, JSQUID said:

Does this pedal shorten the distance between the foot peg and the pedal platform at all?  I want to move mine about 10mm back, I'll either make something to nicely relocate the stock one or buy a new pedal assembly. 

Cheers.

Nope....

• Like 1

Thanks Wrfrk.

Custom it is then.  Which is probably better as it will be free. :)

20 hours ago, JSQUID said:

Does this pedal shorten the distance between the foot peg and the pedal platform at all?  I want to move mine about 10mm back

What's your thinking about the pedal length?  I ask because I've been thinking about better coverage of a rear brake pedal without needing to move my foot forward so much. I'd set the pedal low too.

I want to be able to better cover the rear brake without having to reposition my foot as much and also my peg weighted.  It's not really my thinking to be honest, it was a setup tip given to me by Chris Birch when I did one of his coaching days.   It'll also make for better coverage of the brake when practicing slow speed wheelies.

• Like 1