Virginia Motocross Tracks

I live in northwest Virginia (Charlottesville area)  about an hour south of DC, I am not aware of any tracks in the area that are either public (or private but allow people to ride with permission).  Does anyone know of any good tracks in my area?

- Airborne

Good luck.  I'm not positive about the C-ville area but anywhere close to D.C. if you fire up a dirt bike people call the cops on you, lol.  

But seriously, Tomohawk MX is one of the only MX tracks I heard about, and that's just over the border in WVa.  Not sure about central Virginia.  After four years of searching for good riding in the state I gave up and decided it's time to move(among many other reasons not riding related)

if you want to ride really, really good trails you need to race in the VCHSS harescramble series.  Seriously, my friends and that series are about the only thing I miss back there.  Their Arrington race is right outside of Charlottesville and one of their best.  Amazing courses they cut there.

There is also the FORPWC and SMDR clubs, but they're more to the eastern side of the state.  

Ahh Yes VCHSS, I have some friends that ride that series and I am looking to start soon also.  Trails here are great but i guess i'm out of luck for MX!

Tomahawk is well worth the drive. Legit one of the most fun tracks I have ridden. There are tracks closer to you I'm sure of it. Just need to get out to some spots and start asking. Facebook also helps.