I feel like my chain whines a lot.

I have a 16 wr250f and the chain is tightened properly, lubed up, sprockets are fine. I aligned my tire a little better and that helped some. When I add lube it cuts the noise for about 5 minutes. I can record the noise tomorrow. I'm just wondering if you all have any thoughts, or this is a normal noise I hear. I never noticed it till I changed the exhaust out. Basically the faster I go the louder it gets whether I'm coasting or have the throttle on.

Edited by DentonC

Any chance you've replaced the sprockets with a JT brand ?

I tried one once, actually it made so much noise just spinning the wheel by hand while

on the stand I threw it in my spare parts bin and replaced it with a Renthall.  

Don't know how it would have affected it's longetivity but, likely by design/machining process it whinned like crazy,

the way the chain (new) dis-engaged or 'rolled off' the sprocket's teeth was very notchy.

Preferred to avoid problems and excessive whine, I went with an old trusted brand instead.

Edited by mlatour

All stock stuff from when I bought the bike. I'm actually looking at sprockets now. When on the stand and spinning the tire the noise seems to come from when the front sprocket catches the chain and not something internal. I was thinking maybe a 14t would help but I dont know. Also the blocks when adjusting the chain are a little wonky. Kind of why the tire was not centered initially.