What handlebars with minimal clamp area?

I have a 2001 rm125.  I want to lower the forks about 2" but i can nly get around 1" (from memory) at most before thy hit the handlebars.  I am wondering if there are handlebars out there that would let me forks clear them?  I have seen the little 50 minibike handlebars made for taller people that have a good bent to them, but, i dont thnk I need 7" if rise, lol.  Anything out there wih some good sharp bend to them just after the clamps around 4" tall?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, sikpupy said:

I have a 2001 rm125.  I want to lower the forks about 2" but i can nly get around 1" (from memory) at most before thy hit the handlebars.  I am wondering if there are handlebars out there that would let me forks clear them?  I have seen the little 50 minibike handlebars made for taller people that have a good bent to them, but, i dont thnk I need 7" if rise, lol.  Anything out there wih some good sharp bend to them just after the clamps around 4" tall?

Thanks

You could install risers and get the same effect, couldn't you?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaybeMe said:

Either that or some offsets that move the handlbars back a bit.

16 hours ago, MaybeMe said:

14 hours ago, GlennRay said:

Either that or some offsets that move the handlbars back a bit.

Thanks for the ideas, but, I was trying to keep it at factory locations with the handlebars as much as possible other than the bend in them before the fork towers.  I may just have to go with risers or offsets if no other option presents itself.  I just have not had a chance to really sit and look for one, as much as I would like to do.

Thanks for the input guys.

3 hours ago, sikpupy said:

Thanks for the ideas, but, I was trying to keep it at factory locations with the handlebars as much as possible other than the bend in them before the fork towers.  I may just have to go with risers or offsets if no other option presents itself.  I just have not had a chance to really sit and look for one, as much as I would like to do.

Thanks for the input guys.

yep risers with a low bend bar is about as close as you can get

4 hours ago, Wild Alaskan said:

yep risers with a low bend bar is about as close as you can get

Bummer, but it is what it is.  Thanks Wild Alaskan.

That could be very well true under certain circumstances, but, if I have not smashed in my CR80 forks as of yet, i doubet 2-3" shorter on a rm125 would be an issue.  Now, i could be wrong but i also do not jump a whole heck of a lot.  No MX track here, but, duly noted.  I also, for now, do not want ot mess with the forks until i am sure it is the route I want to go.  Thanks for the input.

Edited by sikpupy

I have no idea, just thinking at work, but, is that the same as measuring the max fork travel and then comparing to top of tire to under the fender?  I am also toying with the idea of a 9" front tire, so, that would add a little room too if I went that route.