07 wr250f won't start with electric start!

Hey,

I've been beating my head over this for a few months now. My 07 Wr250f had a bad starter for over a year. It just wouldn't crank fast enough to start. I finally decided to replace the brushes in the starter and it cranks plenty fast enough now. However, it will not start. Now the confusing part is, I can start it with 1 kick on the kick start. I have pulled the plug and compared the spark between kicking and button, and they are the same. Now after messing with this for months, I have found it will start with electric only with the choke on and throttle about half way cracked open. So that makes me believe it's a jetting issue but why can I start it with 1 kick on the kick start?

Thank you for any advice,

Nathan Owen

That is weird.  After it fails to start on the starter motor, maybe pull he plug immediately and see if it's wet.  Possibly a rich condition being emphasized by the faster cranking?  

Check to make sure that you get spark when you crank it with the starter.  I had a street bike way back that had a set of relays that was enacted when the starter was engaged.  Lose a ground like that one did and it plays some screwy games with itself.

did you ever solve this? i have an '06, starts easily w/ 1 kick.  But e-start cranks over but won't fire the bike up.  doesnt really sound like its laboring either.  weirdest thing.