Shelton Valley 2 day fun run whos going

This weekend 27th and 28th is the Shelton Valley 2 day fun run. So who is all going. I will be there for both days.

I am thinking about riding this, but not sure if i should. The new AJP i bought needs some break in miles ( about 300 at less than half throttle) and i am not sure if this is the type of event to be breaking in a dirt bike at. Went out to the Shelton dirt riders property last sunday and put on about 43 miles, but need more miles. I am concerned about fast section or large hills i may need to use higher RPM`s. Any input about the type of terrain i might encounter during this event please let me know, as i am on the fence about riding in the event. I have heard from other owners of this brand of bike its best to break the bike in close to what the owners manual says. 

You will be fine breaking that PR-5 in at Shelton. No tricky terrain and you only need to go as fast as you want. This is not a race.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shotgunscott said:

You will be fine breaking that PR-5 in at Shelton. No tricky terrain and you only need to go as fast as you want. This is not a race.

Wait a minute.......... What?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shotgunscott said:

40 minutes ago, RollieW said:

Wait a minute.......... What?

Yes, not a race.

But feel free to roost all the small children and check them up in the corners. This will get you lots of attention from the ladies. 

• Like 3

Planning to head out on Saturday with the Wife and Son, should be fun. :ride:

9 hours ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

Yes, not a race.

But feel free to roost all the small children and check them up in the corners. This will get you lots of attention from the ladies. 

This is POKERCROSS

29 minutes ago, trackmaster said:

What is break in?

Rolling a bike you bought Friday night to the line Saturday morning and racing it for 3 hours. My last 2 YZ's and my 450 Husky were broke in that way and I never had an issue with them.

• Like 2

Rolling a bike you bought Friday night to the line Saturday morning and racing it for 3 hours. My last 2 YZ's and my 450 Husky were broke in that way and I never had an issue with them.

I had an old husky one time, a nut came loose in the air cleaner, sucked into the piston. Broke her in real well. To me, break in occurred anytime I worked on my bike as a kid

My wife son and I will be there at 1200 noon tomorrow to camp for the weekend and ride both days.white dodge 16' yamaha banner,should look good in the sea of orange. Stop and say hi.

• Like 2

Awesome event as always. Took my kids for the first time and I don't think they'll ever let us miss the event again. Hats off to the PSER's for providing fun for the whole family this weekend. Really appreciated the kids track. See you next year !

• Like 4

Got to give a big thanks to Puget Sound Enduro Riders. You guy put on an excellent ride. It was my wife's first poker run and she managed to get a hand good enough for a small trophy.  First time for me riding down there that wasn't an enduro. We will be back next year to.

• Like 2

Awesom event,made some new freinds fun had by all.rode Saturday with the family and friends, big boy ride today for the long coarse.got a little dusty face today.thanks for pushing me sonny,and it was great to camp with u and your wife green mt.20170528_103408.jpeg20170528_114958.jpeg20170527_103308.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, mudmixer said:

Awesom event,made some new freinds fun had by all.rode Saturday with the family and friends, big boy ride today for the long coarse.got a little dusty face today.thanks for pushing me sonny,and it was great to camp with u and your wife green mt.20170528_103408.jpeg20170528_114958.jpeg20170527_103308.jpeg

You were on the gas this weekend ! You must be eating your Wheaties! You gonna do the River City H/S next weekend ?

• Like 1