TX300 Horsepower.

Hello i just recently sold my 07 Kx450F and put $1000 down to get the first 2018 Tx300 that comes through the door at my local Dealership. I am just curious if the Tx300 will have similar power as my 450? How much Horsepower does the Tx300 have? I am very nervous about my Big leap of faith but also very Excited! from what i have gathered, it is an awesome machine and will suit me well on the trails of Wyoming and South Dakota. 

sounds like the 2018 Tx300 will be announced May 30th, 2017 

Thanks for any Input

• Like 1

2016/17 is stated as 54hp.  While a 300 2 stroke has a lot of torque, it will NOT have the bottom end of your KX450.  It will however be significantly lighter and better handling.

• Like 1

I got 47.10 hp on my 17 250xc jetted mikuni. After hgs pipe/silencer and 38mm keihin PWK modded to 39mm I got 50.4hp 49.8hp.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 7:20 AM, 95jersey said:

2016/17 is stated as 54hp.  While a 300 2 stroke has a lot of torque, it will NOT have the bottom end of your KX450.  It will however be significantly lighter and better handling.

As Light as the Tx300 is, 54Hp is plenty. I jumped on my buddies 98 Kx250 from my 450F. it was a lot better ride. though it didn't have the power it was so light it was Night and day. I am Pretty much a 2-stroke Newb to be completely honest, so I appologize for the simple questions but What is the average Rebuild time on a 2 stroke? 

18 hours ago, Bama_coal95 said:

As Light as the Tx300 is, 54Hp is plenty. I jumped on my buddies 98 Kx250 from my 450F. it was a lot better ride. though it didn't have the power it was so light it was Night and day. I am Pretty much a 2-stroke Newb to be completely honest, so I appologize for the simple questions but What is the average Rebuild time on a 2 stroke? 

experienced person (under 2 hours or less).  newbie, 4 hours

40 50 hours? Cant be serious.. ive seen guys racking up 100+ with pistons and cylinders still looking brand new.. racers aswell not trail riders lol :/

last piston was 160 hrs for me rode in nasty slow bat hi on rves to full blasts on dirt roads had sam coolant spills cose heat and still had a nice lookin piston

the bean  said you may lose up to 10%(5hp) of power after around 1/3 of a piston lifespan   

I bought a TX300 a couple months ago. It makes plenty of power, especially after an RK Tek head, JD jet kit, VF4 reeds and a full Pro Circuit exhaust. I just threw on a 300 SX CDI as well. It flat out rips. You can lug it or wind it out. I can ride twice as long on it as I could on my YZ450F before I start getting tired. After coming off a 450, the TX legitimately feels like a mountain bike in comparison.

Edited by CSAR FE
  • Like 4