michigan S.E. Michigan Trials Event 6/4

Trials competition on Sunday 6/4 in Metamora (north of Rochester).  Here's the link to the event.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.  Come check it out.  Come spectate and learn more about observed trials or bring whatever bike you have (mx, enduro, trail or play bike) and ride the beginner or novice line.

https://www.motatrials.com/mota-clubs/great-lakes/

We've got a pretty decent trials scene here in Michigan.  There are 6 clubs under the MOTA umbrella.  Each club hosts two competitions per year. If you've ever had an interest in checking out observed trials, stop by and check it out.  Spectators are welcome.  Beginner riders are also very welcome.  Bring out your mx, enduro, trail or play bike and try out some beginner or novice lines.  The beginner lines are easily ridden by anyone who can ride a motorcycle.  The novice lines are a little trickier but might be more enjoyable for someone with a lot of experience on dirt bikes.  You can pick and choose your line at each section depending on your experience level and the difficulty of that section.  The concept is simple, get through the observed sections without putting your feet down.

Unlike other competitive events, the people are amazingly friendly.  It's not uncommon to see two guys in the same cloass who are directly competing with each other giving each other tips about a section they just cleared.  If you show up and just want more information or you want to ride your first event on whatever bike you have, just ask for help.  There will be a ton of people that will jump to tell you everything you need to know.  This sport is all about having fun whatever your experience level is.  Even if you just learned to operate a clutch, there is a line for you.  If you struggle with something, you'll have multiple people helping you and encouraging you.  It's not like motocross.  You won't be embarrassed if you fail and you won't have to worry about being in the way when you just start out.  We love new riders.  Age and gender are not a factor.  We have female and male riders from 4 years old to 80 years old.  I get soundly beaten by an older female in my class at every event.  There are always youth sections for the very young children and the slightly older kids do great riding their little trail bikes on the beginner lines.

If you plan to ride, you will need an AMA membership which you can get here http://www.amajoin.com/MIONTA.  You'll also need basic safety equipment including a helmet, gloves and boots.  Obviously motorcycle boots are best but if you are just starting out any boot that covers your ankles will do.

Here are some pictures I grabbed off the MOTA website.  Don't let some of the larger obstacle in these pictures worry you.  They are from the higher level lines (sportsman, advanced, expert).  The beginner lines are generally fairly flat and focus on basic turns, balance, coordination of controls etc.  Novice lines add in some smaller obstacles like logs generally lower than the skid plate, very tight and sometimes off camber turns and some steeper climbs and descents.  

smallmota.jpg

dsc_0219_4238.800x0.jpg

dsc_0206_4225.800x0.jpg

dsc_0176_4195-1.800x0.jpg

dsc_0188_4207.800x0.jpg

4-26-10_017.800x0.jpg

img_2986.800x0.jpg

4-26-10_011.800x0.jpg

7-7-09_044.800x0.jpg

7-7-09_032.800x0.jpg

Doc

Edited by Doc_d

Might want to see if you can edit the title : correct date is 6/4.

Unfortunately I won't make this one. Too much motorcycle stuff that weekend! This trials ride, Yamaha dirtbike demo rides up near Caro, Great Lake Dual Sporters ride in Lewiston......
And I'll be in the final days of packing the family to move out probably won't make any of them :(

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, adam728 said:

Might want to see if you can edit the title : correct date is 6/4.

Unfortunately I won't make this one. Too much motorcycle stuff that weekend! This trials ride, Yamaha dirtbike demo rides up near Caro, Great Lake Dual Sporters ride in Lewiston......
And I'll be in the final days of packing the family to move out probably won't make any of them :(

Thanks for catching that Adam.  I've corrected the date.

Here's video of the event my club put on a couple weeks ago at our Flushing, MI (Flint area) property.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, uncle jimmi said:

I want to go,,,

G0060373.JPG

Yeah if you are into bicycle trials you'd already have a great basis for observed trials.  Come on out!