Anyone running DRC Motard pegs for SM? (looking for feedback)

As I am getting more comfortable in SM mode I find myself getting lower and lower....less and less chicken strips.

Last night I was out with a friend tearing up some backroads and the tip of my boot touched which to me means I am low enough  (I don't do knee down or foot out). Now its time to find out if there is a better peg avail. to allow me to ride the twisty with out touching my boots as easily as I did.

Found these DRC pegs and was wondering how they work. My main concern is they are taller then stock and in trail mode I already need risers so how much taller are the pegs?

These: http://soloracer.com/drzsmpegs.html

Thanks in advance

I have them and I didn't notice them to be significantly taller than the stock pegs.The 50mm width makes them much more comfortable for riding long periods.The pegs are designed to fold back and up when contacting the ground.The slider part keeps them from digging into the asphalt possibly high siding your bike.If your toes are hanging off the end while making contact hard enough to fold the pegs back your foot will be trapped in there.I'd rather thrust my foot forward for balance and to put more weight on the front of the bike to allow it to corner harder and if contact with the pavement happens the wear pucks of the riding boots will help the foot glide over smoothly.That or wear riding pants the have the knee pucks if you're going to ride gp style.

You don't knee down or foot out?

My friend has these on his WR250X. That bike has a much lower peg height and scrapes all the time. I rode his bike briefly, they feel great. I want to get a pair on the DRZ. Don't know if I need the sliders though!

I have the SM version and they are a really good bang for the buck imo. There are two SM versions I believe one puts peg at stock height the other version is 10-15mm higher I believe.

I have them without the slider and they are great as far as feel. I too was concerned with the height as I'm 6'2" and have to hunch when standing even with 2" risers and hi-bars.... but quickly forgot my concerns once I got to riding.

Only put 5 hours or so on them so can't attest to longevity but so far all good!

20 hours ago, HansLanda said:

You don't knee down or foot out?

My friend has these on his WR250X. That bike has a much lower peg height and scrapes all the time. I rode his bike briefly, they feel great. I want to get a pair on the DRZ. Don't know if I need the sliders though!

I am not there yet with the knee down/foot out.

Working on that next, trying to get used to the feeling in SM trim. I have been working on leaning the bike and being more upright vs. trying to lean with the bike in order find what is more comfortable feeling for me. So far leaning the bike under me feel right, not there yet in getting the foot out lol.

On my SD I shift my weight/lean and such but don't knee out on that either. To me the street is not for knee down.

37 minutes ago, MyKLX400 said:

I am not there yet with the knee down/foot out.

Working on that next, trying to get used to the feeling in SM trim. I have been working on leaning the bike and being more upright vs. trying to lean with the bike in order find what is more comfortable feeling for me. So far leaning the bike under me feel right, not there yet in getting the foot out lol.

On my SD I shift my weight/lean and such but don't knee out on that either. To me the street is not for knee down.

Get your nuts on the tank, 1/2 cheek off on the high side of the seat, elbows up, and put your foot up near the front axle. Don't do the Rossi braking leg wave or you can get into trouble if your foot touches. I saw a dude break his tib and fib on one of the slowest corners at Adams.

Some riders do knee down though. Whatever's fastest for you is best.

serial-rossi-leg-wave-gak-ngaruh-tapi-nular-2014-08-06-a.jpg.aed678ce21f80b20e2e8d7ef272217b2.jpg

Troy-Herfoss-supermoto-premier.jpg.ac8580885f785fd82143026fb992494f.jpg

I have the sumo ones with sliders and they're way better than stock. Haven't found a turn deep enough to try them on yet, but the local track prefers you run them for tracdays so that says something.

IMO if your foot is touching you need to get your foot a little further back on the peg on your inside leg. I had to make that adjustment my first time on the track on my old 600rr

So I picked up a pair of the pegs, major improvement for me. Between the wider area and being slightly higher/back these are a very welcome improvement for me.

I have been keeping my feet a bit farther back as well and this has also helped immensely.

Thanks for all the pointers and feedback.