250F/FX muffler repacking

Just wondering when most people are repacking. I have not pulled mine off yet to have a look. No noticeable change in tone or sound. 

Just curious how many hours most people are getting before repacking. 

I pulled mine at 130 hours and it still looked great so I put it back in. At 170 hours, it looked the same. Granted mine was a DR.D NS-4. Just thought I would share though.

I might also add that people would always mention how clean and good it sounded. Guessing the EFI had a lot to do with packing lasting that long.

• Like 2

I would leave it alone.  When I first got mine I took it apart to get the pickle out of the muffler and it sucked to put it all back together.

I found a new YZ250F muffler on ebay for 50 bucks so I'd never have to do that job again.

4 hours ago, beezer said:

I would leave it alone.  When I first got mine I took it apart to get the pickle out of the muffler and it sucked to put it all back together.

I found a new YZ250F muffler on ebay for 50 bucks so I'd never have to do that job again.

I already had the end off to get the baffle out. I had no issues. 

Does the f have a baffle or is that just an fx thing? If so did you feel any gains after removing it?