Bryan Bosch

The official "What did you do to your 690 Enduro or Husqvarna 701 today?" thread

On 6/7/2018 at 11:25 PM, HeavyRotation said:

20180607_210838.jpg

Impressive side knob wear.. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ask the thread states, here's what this 690 did today.

Love this bike but man when she gets stuck you really feel them 300+ lbs. Of course I was all by myself.IMG_20180616_171309_01.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, NoFearCRF450 said:

Ask the thread states, here's what this 690 did today.

Love this bike but man when she gets stuck you really feel them 300+ lbs. Of course I was all by myself.IMG_20180616_171309_01.jpeg

I bought me one of these. Folds up real small and fits in backpack easily. 

41AvvZvgYtL.jpg

I bought it after digging out my buddy with our hands:

stuck_KLR.pngstuck_KLR_dirty.jpg

• Like 1

Finally received 46 Teeth Rear sprockets for 701 Enduro. ZF TwinRing  (Aluminium centre+Steel teeth)=1.47lbs

Another SunStar Aluminium.Going with Aluminium rear= 0.67lbs.

OE  sprocket must be 2.20lb

Should be great SAVING on weight is concerned  ( Rotating mass x5 )

20180619_142811.jpg

20180619_142652.jpg

I finally pulled the trigger on the Rekluse X clutch. Since my 690 currently only a city bike figured this clutch will make my life easier during stop and go traffic. Plus it looks pretty easy to install.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ysuscuba said:

I finally pulled the trigger on the Rekluse X clutch. Since my 690 currently only a city bike figured this clutch will make my life easier during stop and go traffic. Plus it looks pretty easy to install.

Congrats!

You'll love the Radius X in the 690. Can stop and go in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear at a light without pulling in the clutch.

Just an FYI tho. I wouldn't try to take off in any higher gear than 3rd. There have been reports of people slipping the clutch to much taking off in higher gears and frying the clutch plates. I usually just stay in 1st or 2nd when I take off from a stop.

Install is super simple as long as you are slightly mechanical inclined. Just follow the directions exactly, and make sure you re-torque everything to factory specs or the specs that Rekluse lists.  Hardest part for me was holding the back brake while trying to torque down the clutch basket nut.

Congrats!

You'll love the Radius X in the 690. Can stop and go in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear at a light without pulling in the clutch.

Just an FYI tho. I wouldn't try to take off in any higher gear than 3rd. There have been reports of people slipping the clutch to much taking off in higher gears and frying the clutch plates. I usually just stay in 1st or 2nd when I take off from a stop.

Install is super simple as long as you are slightly mechanical inclined. Just follow the directions exactly, and make sure you re-torque everything to factory specs or the specs that Rekluse lists.  Hardest part for me was holding the back brake while trying to torque down the clutch basket nut.

Thanks for the insight! It’s hard to get out of third gear in Chicago so I should be fine but it’s good to know.

Yes Finally All parts had been recieved Last night  for my Husqy 2017 Enduro fixed following parts

Tubeliss system With New Tubeless Tires ,

Rally Raid supplied 40mm Lowering Link  & pushed up Front forks close to 20mm up the triple clamp  to lower the bike 

Fixed Rear Sunstar Aluminium Sprocket with 46 teeth  (300 grams in weight ) OE sprocket is 700 Grams   & New EK 3D chain ( 200 grams less in weight ) than OE chain .

Fixed new Lithium ion Battery (2,2kg less in weight )

SC project Titanium Exhaust ( weighing 2.2kg Less in weight than Akrapovic exhaust )  effectively this will pull down by %kg in comparision with OE exhasut ,

I could able to feel the Power Delivery has improved & feel better than my old 2014 690 enduro  

• Like 2

Still waiting on my rekluse clutch but I did receive my lowering link. Has any one used this link? It’s says the link is good for 1” IMG_2319.JPG5/8. Let me know how it’s worked out for your bike and the riding exp.

3 hours ago, Ysuscuba said:

Still waiting on my rekluse clutch but I did receive my lowering link. Has any one used this link? It’s says the link is good for 1” IMG_2319.JPG5/8. Let me know how it’s worked out for your bike and the riding exp.

I used 25 mm 1st & Finally had gone with 40mm  Lowering link from Rally Raid uk guys & pushed up front forks .

I can ride bike   confidently .

Posting picture below both Original link in silver & Rallyraid 25mm  it's longer.

If suspension  is soft at rear need to go for Stiffer rear spring  had one From RallyR guys 

20180624_145201.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ysuscuba said:

Scuba,

It all depends on your riding style and terrain with the Kouba link. If you ride mainly street and smoother dirt roads, it will be fine, other than throwing the bike’s geometry off.

If plan on riding anything bumpy, washboards, rocks, pot holes , be warned. The Kouba link will beat the crap out of you, and the bike. And, it has a tendency to let the rear tire hit the gas tank on the 690.

I have had the Kouba lowering links on 2 bikes, a 2014 Honda CRF250L and a 2014 BMW G650gs Sertao.

Yes, it helped get my feet down, but it beat the crap out of the bikes on rougher Offroad trips. I took the one off the CRF and just learned to deal with leaning the bike if I needed to stop. On the BMW, it destroyed the rear shock on day 1 of an extremely rough 3 day Offroad trip. Bottom of the tank had gouges from the rear tire.

That being said, a drop of 1” with the link “may” be ok.

I’m 5’6” and have a 28” inseam. On my 690,when it was new,  I just backed off rear preload a bit to lower the rear and raised the front forks 1 1/8”. I could get 1 foot down if I leaned the bike at a stop. It was free and didn’t destroy the bike. I’ve since lowered it the right way. Sent the suspension off and had it properly lowered 2” and revalved. Bike handles perfect now. 

Scuba,

It all depends on your riding style and terrain with the Kouba link. If you ride mainly street and smoother dirt roads, it will be fine, other than throwing the bike’s geometry off.

If plan on riding anything bumpy, washboards, rocks, pot holes , be warned. The Kouba link will beat the crap out of you, and the bike. And, it has a tendency to let the rear tire hit the gas tank on the 690.

I have had the Kouba lowering links on 2 bikes, a 2014 Honda CRF250L and a 2014 BMW G650gs Sertao.

Yes, it helped get my feet down, but it beat the crap out of the bikes on rougher Offroad trips. I took the one off the CRF and just learned to deal with leaning the bike if I needed to stop. On the BMW, it destroyed the rear shock on day 1 of an extremely rough 3 day Offroad trip. Bottom of the tank had gouges from the rear tire.

That being said, a drop of 1” with the link “may” be ok.

I’m 5’6” and have a 28” inseam. On my 690,when it was new,  I just backed off rear preload a bit to lower the rear and raised the front forks 1 1/8”. I could get 1 foot down if I leaned the bike at a stop. It was free and didn’t destroy the bike. I’ve since lowered it the right way. Sent the suspension off and had it properly lowered 2” and revalved. Bike handles perfect now. 

Thanks for the feedback. I’m debating on installing. Where did you send off your suspension? I would like to do it the correct way but my problem deals with my work space being a parking deck, lol. It’s hard to leave my bike up on a stand so I have been looking for options in Illinois. I might table the link a little longer. Currently, the bike is fine without it but the extra inch would be nice.

10 minutes ago, Ysuscuba said:

Thanks for the feedback. I’m debating on installing. Where did you send off your suspension? I would like to do it the correct way but my problem deals with my work space being a parking deck, lol. It’s hard to leave my bike up on a stand so I have been looking for options in Illinois. I might table the link a little longer. Currently, the bike is fine without it but the extra inch would be nice.

I pulled the suspension and sent it to :

https://www.motolabdirtbikes.com/

it’s in Pennsylvania. About a 2 week turn around as Rob had to order new fork springs and a 9.2kg rear spring. I would do some searching close to your area. I can now touch flat footed with one foot at a stop if I slide a bit on the seat. The lowering and rebuild is expensive at around $1000. But that’s about what every suspension  shop charges. 

Can you get the bike inside your house and up on a bike jack then pull the suspension ? I’d do that before I tore it apart in an outside parking area. 

I pulled the suspension and sent it to :
https://www.motolabdirtbikes.com/
it’s in Pennsylvania. About a 2 week turn around as Rob had to order new fork springs and a 9.2kg rear spring. I would do some searching close to your area. I can now touch flat footed with one foot at a stop if I slide a bit on the seat. The lowering and rebuild is expensive at around $1000. But that’s about what every suspension  shop charges. 
Can you get the bike inside your house and up on a bike jack then pull the suspension ? I’d do that before I tore it apart in an outside parking area. 

Thanks for the link. That’s exactly what I’m looking for and will reach out to rob. Unfortunately, I’m on the 50th floor of my building so bike will not be able to come in, lol.

Just now, Ysuscuba said:

Thanks for the link. That’s exactly what I’m looking for and will reach out to rob. Unfortunately, I’m on the 50th floor of my building so bike will not be able to come in, lol.

Got a friend that can store your bike while it’s in pieces or rent a storage unit. Road trip to Pennsylvania ?

Got a friend that can store your bike while it’s in pieces or rent a storage unit. Road trip to Pennsylvania ?

Yes. I have a buddy that has a garage so this should work out.

I think after lowering and adding the rekluse this bike will be close to being finished. My wife will enjoy hearing that.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

Made her dirt worthy today, custom blue anodized stem caps, HD tubes, rim locks and actual knobs! Best part is it's all stuff i already had! Investment Zero! 20180624_211643.jpeg20180624_211632.jpeg20180624_211228.jpeg

I like your beverage inventory. :D

Motorsickle too. :thumbsup:

• Like 1