The official "What did you do to your 690 Enduro or Husqvarna 701 today?" thread

On 7/25/2018 at 6:28 PM, Force0321 said:

Just finished a 1k+ ,10 day Offroad ride on my 690 with 4 friends.

The Rekluse clutch did have an issue tho. On the 9th day we were climbing up a rocky chute to get back to a dirt 2 track after exploring some high mountain lakes. The clutch had worked perfect for the last 2k miles.

As I started up the chute it was slipping like crazy in 2nd and 3rd gear. Made it to the top by some miracle and adjusted the free play on the clutch slave. All good! On the way home on the highway I had to stop and adjust the slave 2 more times. In 6th gear at around 60mph, if you rolled on the throttle fast it would slip and go to around 6k rpm. 

I pulled the clutch out the next morning after I got home and the discs were completely fried. Called Rekluse and talked to one of the techs. He said they have had some issues with the Radius X for the 690. He said they slip,to much when you are lugging along in the higher gears . He advised that you have to keep the rpms up, use a lower gear. Rekluse is sending me a complete new clutch..

Ran a straight edge on the inner and outer factory clutch hubs today. They are warped. Ordered new ones from the KTM shop where I work. Crap!

So, for those of you running the Radius X in the 690, use lower gearing when climbing or just putting down a road!!! The clutch needs a higher rpm to clamp and not slip!!! The Rekluse is an incredible clutch for Offroad riding. Especially on steep climbs.

Got my Xtrig preload adjuster in the mail the day I left. Put it on today, fun fun, especially if you have a lowered shock!! Adjustment is done on the left side of the bike, just above the header pipe. Rick with TT USA refunded me some of the cost of the Xtrig. They are now $188 for the 690

None of the shock spring compressors at 3 different shops in town would work on the 690 shock. I ended up using the ratchet strap trick using 2 rachet straps with no hooks. They come on the Polaris Sportsman’s to hold them down to the pallet. Worked perfectly.

I had the same issue. Mine may have been a little worse since I usually ride with wifey on the back. Never-the-less, it would slip. I kept going back/forth with Rekluse and making adjustments. It would still slip in top gear and rolling it on. NOT lugging it like they kept telling me I was doing. I even have 14/50 gearing which is already keeping the RPM a bit higher. Finally I changed the oil from the 10-40 Amsoil to 5-30 Bel Ray and the problem seems to be gone. I do have to let it warm up a little before going WOT open but that was just the same as before. 

and in the spirit of the thread... since my original post on pg 3...

I've added:

Rade Tank

K&N filter w/ puke can

Kouba link 

Increased spring rates front/read

XTrig adjuster

Tusk Racks (did the AZBDR w/ wifey a couple months ago.. what a blast)

Cyclops headlight

Windshield (although I'm not sure yet if I like it or if it even helps)

Pivot Pegs

Counter shaft guard

PCV controller

a few dongles here/there

Tubliss front/rear

Clean Speed Alum brake lever/peg

Pazzo Racing shorty adjustable levers

Grip Buddies (a little 'fat' in the hand but is very comfortable.. specially when the arthritis kicks in)

grand total.. so far: $5600.

BTW.. Force0321... what a super bitchen ride!!!!  thanks for the pics.

IMG_6274-XL.jpg

20180616_125122.jpg

Edited by Todd157k
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

• 3 weeks later...

...winter mods continue... 

With rally pegs being $150-180 I decided to try making my own with custom weld-on extensions. 
Cut/notched steel:
weld1.jpg.566e176b00d0a4d42eb1e7ca49a6fc81.jpg

Bent to shape, TIG welded in place:
 weld2.jpg.c2a5d2bb8bc0b3ad31d2faa10b1896b0.jpg

Painted and mounted: 
 weld3.thumb.jpg.62346cc0593ec77a57dfa4662a862353.jpg

Metal and paint were stuff I had lying around so cost was $0. I may invest in real pegs eventually but winters are long up here so why not?

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

With rally pegs being $150-180 I decided to try making my own with custom weld-on extensions. 
Cut/notched steel:
Painted and mounted: 
Metal and paint were stuff I had lying around so cost was $0. I may invest in real pegs eventually but winters are long up here so why not?
Whoa, how are you not worried about catching those on stumps and rocks?

9 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:
39 minutes ago, Romy said:
Cut/notched steel:
Painted and mounted: 

Read more  

Whoa, how are you not worried about catching those on stumps and rocks?

The pegs look stupid-wide until I put my boot on them (boots pictured probably aren't as wide as my riding boot). Now, they're just wide enough for my 11W boots. I don't know how anyone can be fully supported by the stock pegs. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

3 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:
22 minutes ago, Force0321 said:
Ordered TripleClamp Moto case protectors yesterday. They are 25% off with code 690701group until Jan 31st  https://www.tripleclampmoto.com/collections/ktm-950-super-enduro/products/hdpe-engine-cover-sets-ktm690-husqvarna-701

Read more  

It did work 122.25 with shipping! Thanks, Ben meaning to get those!

Great!

Mine shipped today, arrive on Friday. 

I did the 4 day Fedex and chose PayPal. Signed up for the PayPal credit , 6 months no interest and PayPal gave me another $10 off !

I’ve done a lot of research on case guards and these seem to be the best around for the price. 

• Like 1

Great!
Mine shipped today, arrive on Friday. 
I did the 4 day Fedex and chose PayPal. Signed up for the PayPal credit , 6 months no interest and PayPal gave me another $10 off !
I’ve done a lot of research on case guards and these seem to be the best around for the price. 
Definitely the best product! I reposted to ADVR 690, dude posted a couple days back but it was a link without the numbers. Glad you noticed it, great deal. Idk about you but my stock case covers are gouged, paint worn off and generally &%$#@!ed up at 3k miles.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:
3 hours ago, Jake rome said:
Working on some new graphics.... also picked up an AXP skid plate. Now I kinda want a black seat, kicking around the idea of a seat concepts or maybe just a cheap black stock one off eBay....
20ACC2EB-4695-4F77-9C3D-F0EB4D03B995.jpeg.cd84867df0c52576c65832bb53bc61e8.jpeg

Read more  

Do you race your 701? What events? I had considered running a Sprint enduro on mine

My Race bike is actually a 300 2 stroke for the Hare Scrambles down here in FL. However they do not require you to race the same bike throughout the season. So I figured mine as well put my numbers on the 701 and try it out on a few of the easier Hare Scrambles. I got a few coming up that I may take the 701 on and if I do ill be sure to post some pictures and let you know how she did!

• Like 1

My Race bike is actually a 300 2 stroke for the Hare Scrambles down here in FL. However they do not require you to race the same bike throughout the season. So I figured mine as well put my numbers on the 701 and try it out on a few of the easier Hare Scrambles. I got a few coming up that I may take the 701 on and if I do ill be sure to post some pictures and let you know how she did!
Yeah i race my YZ250, but there's one event that is pretty wide open and i could use more power and top end there. I think the extra 100 pounds would kill me over a 3 hour race though.

20 hours ago, Jake rome said:

Working on some new graphics.... also picked up an AXP skid plate. Now I kinda want a black seat, kicking around the idea of a seat concepts or maybe just a cheap black stock one off eBay....

20ACC2EB-4695-4F77-9C3D-F0EB4D03B995.jpeg

Looks great! Have you installed the AXP plate yet? Myself and others had trouble with the M6x30mm bolt they supply for the attachment at the brake reservoir. You'll probably have to go buy a M6x35mm. The pic below is mine with a 35mm. Before the plastic is compressed by the hardware, the 30mm won't even protrude enough to get the nut on. I also used a larger washer that what was supplied because the slot is quite wide. I don't know if anyone's contacted AXP about this but I might drop them an email. 

29 minutes ago, Romy said:

Looks great! Have you installed the AXP plate yet? Myself and others had trouble with the M6x30mm bolt they supply for the attachment at the brake reservoir. You'll probably have to go buy a M6x35mm. The pic below is mine with a 35mm. Before the plastic is compressed by the hardware, the 30mm won't even protrude enough to get the nut on. I also used a larger washer that what was supplied because the slot is quite wide. I don't know if anyone's contacted AXP about this but I might drop them an email. 

AXP.thumb.jpg.19082a3d679ace4deba98a34b4eca79e.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! I haven’t installed it yet so I’ll definitely look out for that!