The official "What did you do to your 690 Enduro or Husqvarna 701 today?" thread

I'd be interested in your feedback on the 14T. How do you like it on the street/trails? How does it affect fuel economy? 
Im hoping it'll let me run 2nd gear on single track trails without lugging hard enough to flame out. I rarely ride freeway, so it shouldn't really affect highway 70mph use too badly. Idk though, it's a big change. I would've rather gone up two teeth on the rear but my chain is too short and a front sprocket is way cheaper than a rear sprocket and a chain. The 15 to 14 cs should be the same as going from stock 46 to 49 rear.
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, HevyRotashunz said:
2 hours ago, Romy said:

I'd be interested in your feedback on the 14T. How do you like it on the street/trails? How does it affect fuel economy? 

Im hoping it'll let me run 2nd gear on single track trails without lugging hard enough to flame out. I rarely ride freeway, so it shouldn't really affect highway 70mph use too badly. Idk though, it's a big change. I would've rather gone up two teeth on the rear but my chain is too short and a front sprocket is way cheaper than a rear sprocket and a chain. The 15 to 14 cs should be the same as going from stock 46 to 49 rear.

I've been running a 14T sprocket on my '17 690 since it was new. It really helps with slow single track trails. On the highway you'll notice you gain around 4-500 more rpm at around 65-70 mph and be shifting sooner from a stop. Last summers ride I was getting around 65+ mpg on the highway.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Force0321 said:

I've been running a 14T sprocket on my '17 690 since it was new. It really helps with slow single track trails. On the highway you'll notice you gain around 4-500 more rpm at around 65-70 mph and be shifting sooner from a stop. Last summers ride I was getting around 65+ mpg on the highway.

I have a bit of time on my 14T, experience similar to your's except I seem to get ~ 55 MPG regardless of sprocket or type of riding. :excuseme:

• Like 1

I'd imagine I'll be using second from a stop, it's doable stock. That's what i do on the drz with 14/47

2 hours ago, EnduroPNW said:

Added more oil. Becuase my bike makes oil evaporat . But I did get a like new klim krios helmet for $300. Nicest helmet I have ever owned! 20190125_210358.jpeg

What year is you're bike? How many miles? My 2017 was going through a lot of oil,I pretty much followed the break in procedure and babied it but then read on here about riding it like you stole it. So I thought I screwed up. Well I'm up to like 1500 miles now and my oil consumption is no longer happening,last couple rides I haven't had to add oil. I see you're in the PNW,where are you,I'm Olympia and I'm always looking to ride 

What year is you're bike? How many miles? My 2017 was going through a lot of oil,I pretty much followed the break in procedure and babied it but then read on here about riding it like you stole it. So I thought I screwed up. Well I'm up to like 1500 miles now and my oil consumption is no longer happening,last couple rides I haven't had to add oil. I see you're in the PNW,where are you,I'm Olympia and I'm always looking to ride 

I bought it used with 1800 miles (2016) bought in 2017 (not sure how it was broke in). Did oil change at 2200. I have added oil twice since then. and used about 1/3 of a new bottle in total. I'm at 4700 miles now. I definitely ride it like I stole it , I think I average like 35 mpg lol. I'm in skagit county .

I finally finished installing all my cockpit mounts/accessories: 

• KTM bark busters
  • Heat Demon grip heaters (Key-on power, switch mounted to side of headlight housing)
  • Double-Take ADV mirror
  • Ram Mount/cradle for Garmin Montana 
  • Generic Phone Holder with silicon tether
  • Switched USB power port/Voltmeter on SWMotech bracket
  • Spare Ram mount for action cam, right side mirror or other...

001.jpg.a98f3dc7be7877c8208874785205772e.jpg

002.jpg.aff720c8ce57880e529f237449cb4ec0.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Jake rome said:

Funny you should ask. It came in the box and when I went to put it on I peeled off the back and then I dropped it in my oil catch pan on accident that was sitting close by......... That was the end of the axp sticker lol 

I have the Husky one if you want to PM me your address I'll drop it in the mail. I put the higher maintenance, lower power orange sticker on mine. ?