Bryan Bosch

The official "What did you do to your 690 Enduro or Husqvarna 701 today?" thread

Not my bike, but my boss’ he just got it... I’m building a skid plate for him... comin together nicely.... I’ll post more progress as it it goes!

0D21334F-21C5-44CE-81CF-F08D62D401EC.jpeg

• Like 2

Upgrading from the Flatlands Racing skid plate to the Black Dog Cycle Works unit. Not the the Flatland is bad, but it lacks the full under protection of the Blackdog that includes the linkage and rear master cylinder. And man oh man is this thing nice! So nice, almost a shame to beat it up! Nah.... ;)

20180510_160027[1].jpg

• Like 1

Got my seat concept seat yesterday,haven't ridden with it yet,but man does it seem nice. way softer than the stock seat from what I can tell. Plus it looks really nice.I also got the Kouba link and installed that,I thought i was at least tall enough at just under 5'11" but i could tell on a trail I could see me eating it so i figured it'd be best if i lowered it. I also set the sag and rebound so hopefully next ride i notice a difference. the last thing I've done so far is i put a USB connection so I can keep my phone/GPS/helmets comms charged.

Edited by Scvette
  • Like 2

Got my seat concept seat yesterday,haven't ridden with it yet,but man does it seem nice. way softer than the stock seat from what I can tell. Plus it looks really nice.I also got the Kouba link and installed that,I thought i was at least tall enough at just under 5'11" but i could tell on a trail I could see me eating it so i figured it'd be best if i lowered it. I also set the sag and rebound so hopefully next ride i notice a difference. the last thing I've done so far is i put a USB connection so I can keep my phone/GPS/helmets comms charged.
You guys are all bad influences (financially speaking lol). After all the positive feedback both on here and other sites, pulled the trigger on my own Seat Concepts seat. Can't wait!

On 5/12/2018 at 8:04 PM, Scvette said:

The Kouba link will be fine for everyday riding but, if you get into any rough stuff you risk your tire getting into the gas tank. I’ve done Kouba links on 2 diff bikes and they suck for anything but street and semi smooth FS roads. 

The Kouba link combined with raising the forks in the triples throws the geometry of the bike off big time. 

I finally broke down and sent my forks and shock off to have them lowered properly. 

5’11” and the bike is to tall? Try being 5’6” with a 28” inseam. I learned tons of ways to cope with the height but in the end internal lowering is the only way to go. 

I jumped on the wagon as well and purchased a seat concept. The stock seat is horrible. I ordered my going on three weeks from AOMC.mx. Hoping it will arrive soon. Did you guys order direct?

1 minute ago, Ysuscuba said:

I jumped on the wagon as well and purchased a seat concept. The stock seat is horrible. I ordered my going on three weeks from AOMC.mx. Hoping it will arrive soon. Did you guys order direct?

I ordered from the local KTM shop. Got it in a week. AOMC is a rip off. Go look at they’re prices for the wings exhaust. $639!

also just an FYI on the Seat concepts seat. If you order the one for a 2008-2011 690 enduro it’s 1/2 shorter than the 2012-2017 model  

Went with RMATV myself.
  • Like 1

Yep. Made a mistake ordering off AOMC but I had some coins from them so I cashed them in . Three weeks is getting a little ridiculous and they gave me some BS line about the seats being custom so it takes longer.

Just now, Ysuscuba said:

Yep. Made a mistake ordering off AOMC but I had some coins from them so I cashed them in . Three weeks is getting a little ridiculous and they gave me some BS line about the seats being custom so it takes longer.

Ha! Well either way you’ll love the sc seat. I had a customer request a lowered Fisher seat on his 500 exc-f. I didn’t care for it at all. Shaped like a damn ping pong paddle. Not really any taper at all. Went right from skinny to wide as hell!

27 minutes ago, Ysuscuba said:

I ordered from Ktmtwins. Ordered Tuesday night and it arrived Friday afternoon. Those guys are on top of their game on getting things shipped. 

Went back a few pages, I don't see a picture comparing the OEM to the SC seat. Posting this in case anyone would like to see a visual difference. Here is the OEM on the left and the SC on the right. Admittedly so, I was shocked to see this much more width.pixlr_20180517084250601.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 9:29 PM, Ysuscuba said:

I ordered some in stock OE parts from AOMC. Slow, slow, slow...

I ordered some in stock OE parts from AOMC. Slow, slow, slow...

No joke! I’m up to about a month after ordering from AOMC. They can’t give me a good reason it hasn’t shipped besides SC is awaiting foam delivery for the seat. Oh well, weather is nice in Chicago so I’ll just put up with the stock seat for now.

3 minutes ago, Ysuscuba said:

No joke! I’m up to about a month after ordering from AOMC. They can’t give me a good reason it hasn’t shipped besides SC is awaiting foam delivery for the seat. Oh well, weather is nice in Chicago so I’ll just put up with the stock seat for now.

Waiting for mods is a poor excuse for not riding. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

So, just a 1/2" less foam? Or, more to it than that?

From what Seat Concepts told me when I called them, it's just 1/2" less foam. The seat pans for all years of the KTM 690 enduro are the same.

Oh, and for those that have the SC seat, keep an eye on the little rubber bumpers on the bottom. Mine seem to want to break off every other time i take the seat off. Usually the bumpers near the ECU. I called SC and they sent me a bag of 6 or so bumpers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Force0321 said:

From what Seat Concepts told me when I called them, it's just 1/2" less foam. The seat pans for all years of the KTM 690 enduro are the same.

Oh, and for those that have the SC seat, keep an eye on the little rubber bumpers on the bottom. Mine seem to want to break off every other time i take the seat off. Usually the bumpers near the ECU. I called SC and they sent me a bag of 6 or so bumpers. 

Stock seat does that too.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2018 at 3:33 PM, mebgardner said:

I've been getting the "next shipment" response from Slavins for a couple times now. Seems like it's always the next shipment. Now from the US distributor to you too, eh? Not Good. 

Still no word from the US distributor for the Xtrig for the 690.

I just e-mailed them again today to see what the hold up is.

I'm about ready to just buy the KTM powerparts # 62004912000, cut off the tab and install it. My suspension just arrived today from Moto Lab and i'll be installing it tonight. Would have been nice to have had the Xtrig to install. I guess I'll have to pull the rear shock again if it ever shows up.

Edit : just got an email back from the US distributor.  Xtrig says 3-4 weeks. 

Crap!

Edited by Force0321
Added info
  • Like 2