Bryan Bosch

The official "What did you do to your 690 Enduro or Husqvarna 701 today?" thread

1 hour ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Honestly not a whole lot I definitely not somebody that adds a ton to a bike.

I'll likely have a twin air foam filter cage and replacement filter set, Fast Company impact Adventure foot pegs, doubletake Adventure mirrors, Hammerhead Billet shift lever with extra tips, and a black dog cycle works skid plate with linkage guard.

Dibs on the Twin-Air setup! :p

1 hour ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Yup... I've dual-sport at everything there is interesting in my area. I really want to spend my time off road and going to try my hand at running some hare scrambles for fun.

Let me know when you wanna do some of these Hare scrambles! Your not supposed to get rid of the 690 for a 350!!! You just add the 350 to the collection 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake rome said:

Let me know when you wanna do some of these Hare scrambles! Your not supposed to get rid of the 690 for a 350!!! You just add the 350 to the collection 

Just added this bad boy to the stable for the new race bike..... but my 701 ain’t going nowhere!

454B5972-C47A-4208-B5BF-6C84E1CD8E8D.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jake rome said:

I just don't have time for both honestly/unfortunately.

1 minute ago, HevyRotashunz said:

What color elastomers on the pegs?

Orangeish of course. But, my goofy last name is lazered on the pegs, so that's a real downside. Someone might knock your bike over if they saw it!

• Like 1

Today I installed some pillowtop grips and Acebis X-Factor hand guards.  Very pleased with the results.

20190309_133505.jpg

20190309_133456.jpg

20190309_133439.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/18/2019 at 8:09 PM, HevyRotashunz said:

Seat Concepts standard seat kit. Black with blue stitching. Looks sweet. 

I never had an issue with the stock seat as far as looks or comfort. My patch held up for 2 years and 6500 miles, but since it's broken again at a different place....

I think I'll go orange stitching, or whatever I can get quickest. :smirk:

• Like 1

Uncovered the bike after a long winter. Installed the TripleClamp moto case guards I bought last fall. Didn’t think they were gonna fit at first but, after messing with them for a bit got them on. Had to drop the skid plate a bit to get stator side cover on.

Still to much snow to go anywhere except pavement. It’ll be end of May or later before I can hit the Mountain trails.

B41395B1-A682-4231-ACED-637C4C8FC6C6.jpeg

0AFF6B3F-2569-4081-8435-9E7E0A681779.jpeg

C5C10D40-5C2B-4CF7-A4AB-007711CD4F22.jpeg

7B12A2D4-4A4A-40C5-B414-E3EC84B37DFC.jpeg

Edited by Force0321
  • Like 2

Started breaking it in! Temps warmed up into the 50’s so I got in about 55 miles today.
IMG_3003.jpg
A quick stop at the top of Lizard Head Pass (10,222 ft).

• Like 1

Anyone know of a supplier that markets a "power/mega bomb" exhaust header for the 701? FMF doesn't seem to make one, yet. 

10 hours ago, NORTY said:

Anyone know of a supplier that markets a "power/mega bomb" exhaust header for the 701? FMF doesn't seem to make one, yet. 

FMF doesn’t offer one for the 701/690’s yet..... but there is a company called Tekmo racing that makes them and I hear really good things. I may pick one up in the future.

https://www.tekmostore.com/blog/tekmo-titanium-header-pipe-for-husqvarna-701-enduro-smc

9D591307-BDD3-4AB1-BC1D-ECE5A18D4EA7.png

2 hours ago, Jake rome said:

FMF doesn’t offer one for the 701/690’s yet..... but there is a company called Tekmo racing that makes them and I hear really good things. I may pick one up in the future.

https://www.tekmostore.com/blog/tekmo-titanium-header-pipe-for-husqvarna-701-enduro-smc

9D591307-BDD3-4AB1-BC1D-ECE5A18D4EA7.png

Thanks for the link. I see they quote "2 to 2.5 hp gain" with this $450 pipe. I was kinda hoping for a better return on investment. Maybe the stock header pipe isn't so bad after all. Gotta wonder how a "stepped tube" would do. With only 2 to 2.5hp gained, I am disappointed.  

I went for a road ride today and a couple little 2 tracks that proved very slippy. Loving the SC seat kit. Very comfy and looks great. The puig windscreen was totally worth the money. It never got in my way or was even noticable except that my whole upper body was in still ish air at 70mph. There was no buffeting or turbulence either, the air flow from the top of the screen hit me right at the neck, but having the blast entirely off my torso was awesome. The new 606 rear was very good onroad but provided slick like traction on the wet clay and rock i encountered, requiring a very steady hand to make any traction at 24psi. At chugging speed it did bite just enough, so there's that.

• Like 1

Installed SC on mine too, then did about 45 miles of roads. Significant improvement in comfort and well worth the cost. :banana:

received_968855160172317.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/14/2019 at 5:12 AM, Romy said:

Installed SC on mine too, then did about 45 miles of roads. Significant improvement in comfort and well worth the cost. :banana:

received_968855160172317.jpeg

Hoping to have mine by the end of the month. Seat Concepts is a family run business. The daughter took my order. 

Hello everybody, new guy here.  

Bought this beauty today and just got done unloading it from my truck after a couple hour drive through LA.   Check out the mileage!

I wouldn’t mind some help on what the first mods should be including on which way to go on lowering it since I’m 5’6 and can’t reach the ground at all  :)

A1671DFB-7136-441E-B460-8A7BA00ECEFC.jpeg.d48b6d6a74da4cd9f12aea43835204d6.jpeg898DA1C1-1991-4537-9D9A-8CBB1C58DACC.jpeg.88840e19056d7531dce979985cc9fddc.jpeg

• Like 3