Bryan Bosch

The official "What did you do to your 690 Enduro or Husqvarna 701 today?" thread

22 hours ago, p0u1 said:

Put a DNA filter on, what a difference!

20190606_093010.jpg

Did you need to change the mapping withthe DNA filter? 

2 hours ago, ervinrif said:

Did you need to change the mapping withthe DNA filter? 

I put a different map on my pc5 but still getting the odd pop.

Might need to visit a dyno.

On 6/7/2019 at 12:21 AM, S.Ga.Rider said:

Leovince slipon, rottweiler intake and a pcv. Man, what a difference on performance. The leovince is decent with gentle riding but riding it hard, this thing is loud!!

20190603_161046.jpg

I got a 701 with a pcv l  has your o2 sensor been deleted?

Only asking because mine hasn't and I think it should. 

22 minutes ago, p0u1 said:

I got a 701 with a pcv l  has your o2 sensor been deleted?

Only asking because mine hasn't and I think it should. 

No, still have the O2 sensor 

Installed a Rekluse RadiusX clutch in the 690 on Sunday! My slow speed crawl went from 6mph to 0-1mph!
I'm yanking the 14t front sprocket off and replacing it with the stock 15t later today.
Incredible clutch!

IMG_3645.thumb.JPG.2c124a85c0e1268e0fff8341e1fa4923.JPG
IMG_3650.thumb.JPG.c84fe2591ee5bc745e039de92b0057f9.JPG

How is the Rekluse holding up?

2 minutes ago, Mcpjlh690 said:

How is the Rekluse holding up?

I'm on my 2nd one.

Burned the 1st one up on a 1500 mile offroad ride in Idaho last year. Clutch started slipping like crazy on a long,steep,rocky uphill. I made it to the top and readjusted the slave. Worked fine until I was on the highway heading home. At around 60mph, in 6th gear, if I twisted the throttle, the clutch would slip and rpm would jump to around 7k with no noticable speed increase. I re adjusted the slave multiple times to make the 250 mile ride home.

Once I got home, I pulled the clutch cover and the thin clutch disks were fried. Both inner clutch hubs, moveable and fixed were warped. Had to buy new ones.

Rekluse sent me a new one under warranty. Since I installed the 1st clutch, Rekluse has updated their user/riding guide. The tech I talked to said they were having issues with the radius X on the 690's. The clutch was slipping to much when putting around at low rpm's.

I installed the new clutch and have been following the below guideline. Clutch is working great now! Keep the bike in the higher RPM range

( follow chart listed below in .pdf) so the clutch clamps down properly and there should be no issues.

https://rekluse.com/support-docs/NPDLC/1XX-XXX/193-XXX/193-2801 Riders guide for adventure-dual sport/193-2801 Riders guide for Adventure-Dual Sport.pdf

I'm on my 2nd one.
Burned the 1st one up on a 1500 mile offroad ride in Idaho last year. Clutch started slipping like crazy on a long,steep,rocky uphill. I made it to the top and readjusted the slave. Worked fine until I was on the highway heading home. At around 60mph, in 6th gear, if I twisted the throttle, the clutch would slip and rpm would jump to around 7k with no noticable speed increase. I re adjusted the slave multiple times to make the 250 mile ride home.
Once I got home, I pulled the clutch cover and the thin clutch disks were fried. Both inner clutch hubs, moveable and fixed were warped. Had to buy new ones.
 Rekluse sent me a new one under warranty. Since I installed the 1st clutch, Rekluse has updated their user/riding guide. The tech I talked to said they were having issues with the radius X on the 690's. The clutch was slipping to much when putting around at low rpm's.
I installed the new clutch and have been following the below guideline. Clutch is working great now! Keep the bike in the higher RPM range
( follow chart listed below in .pdf) so the clutch clamps down properly and there should be no issues.
https://rekluse.com/support-docs/NPDLC/1XX-XXX/193-XXX/193-2801 Riders guide for adventure-dual sport/193-2801 Riders guide for Adventure-Dual Sport.pdf

That helps. I was reading the new riding guide and I’m glad that it’s made a difference. Sounds like they also have solid service. I’ve gotten lots better with clutch control but 1st is still a bit too tall in the tight stuff.

Thank you

No, still have the O2 sensor 

Great thread. I’ve posted a few mods and regarding the air box replacement, it definitely made it a bit crisper. The Wings exhaust (ordered direct) was a must. The heat from the stock muffler and shields was crazy. I can touch (not hold) the muffler after a ride without singing my finger off. From a power perspective, the air filter made the most noticeable difference until....

Bought the Power Commander V from fuel Moto with a generic tune. The power difference and response to the throttle took things to a whole new level. I ride with a friend with a 2018 701 and our fuel mileage is almost identical. Now if I’m on it constantly, not the case. The 690 now pulls from the 701 although power was never an issue. I just ordered the autotune and should have it installed next week. Goal wasn’t just power but I simply want to be sure I’m keeping everything in a safe range and maximizing my investment.

Final items would be the Rottweiler bag, tubliss with motoz extreme hybrid, hammerhead shifter and mirrors.

Rottweiler bag: a must since I wanted a place to keep things but not on the outside of the bike during casual rides. Deep pocket, doesn’t get too hot. Also made good use of wasted space. I connected a dual port usb to keep my battery backup charged as well as my phone. I also have the 12v trigger wire behind the headlight wired to a USB for GPS and heated gloves.

Side Mirrors: forgot brand but way more than I wanted to spend. Great visibility. They can fold behind the brush guards, out and are convex with super clarity and very little vibration.

Hammerhead Shifter: wearing boots, I needed a longer shifter. Great quality, light and looks sweet.

Motoz: traction is crazy, especially in the soft stuff. The noise though...so loud. Need a second set of less aggressive tires.

What’s next: with riding boots I do feel like wide pegs would help. I’d also like to put legit bark busters and shorty levers on the bike and lastly, get some superMoto wheels for the long road rides. Believe it or not, the seat hasn’t been an issue. I wear my bike shorts (padded) and they’ve been awesome. Standing up to stretch also helps.

Thank you all for sharing. IMG_0550.JPGIMG_0551.JPGIMG_0552.JPGIMG_0553.JPGIMG_0555.JPGIMG_0556.JPGIMG_0002.JPGIMG_1304.JPG
  • Like 3

On 6/8/2019 at 10:10 AM, Mcpjlh690 said:

Great thread. I’ve posted a few mods and regarding the air box replacement, it definitely made it a bit crisper. The Wings exhaust (ordered direct) was a must. The heat from the stock muffler and shields was crazy. I can touch (not hold) the muffler after a ride without singing my finger off. From a power perspective, the air filter made the most noticeable difference until....

Bought the Power Commander V from fuel Moto with a generic tune. The power difference and response to the throttle took things to a whole new level. I ride with a friend with a 2018 701 and our fuel mileage is almost identical. Now if I’m on it constantly, not the case. The 690 now pulls from the 701 although power was never an issue. I just ordered the autotune and should have it installed next week. Goal wasn’t just power but I simply want to be sure I’m keeping everything in a safe range and maximizing my investment.

Final items would be the Rottweiler bag, tubliss with motoz extreme hybrid, hammerhead shifter and mirrors.

Rottweiler bag: a must since I wanted a place to keep things but not on the outside of the bike during casual rides. Deep pocket, doesn’t get too hot. Also made good use of wasted space. I connected a dual port usb to keep my battery backup charged as well as my phone. I also have the 12v trigger wire behind the headlight wired to a USB for GPS and heated gloves.

Side Mirrors: forgot brand but way more than I wanted to spend. Great visibility. They can fold behind the brush guards, out and are convex with super clarity and very little vibration.

Hammerhead Shifter: wearing boots, I needed a longer shifter. Great quality, light and looks sweet.

Motoz: traction is crazy, especially in the soft stuff. The noise though...so loud. Need a second set of less aggressive tires.

What’s next: with riding boots I do feel like wide pegs would help. I’d also like to put legit bark busters and shorty levers on the bike and lastly, get some superMoto wheels for the long road rides. Believe it or not, the seat hasn’t been an issue. I wear my bike shorts (padded) and they’ve been awesome. Standing up to stretch also helps.

Thank you all for sharing. IMG_0550.JPGIMG_0551.JPGIMG_0552.JPGIMG_0553.JPGIMG_0555.JPGIMG_0556.JPGIMG_0002.JPGIMG_1304.JPG

I have the double take mirrors and the same hammer head shifter. I would like to upgrade the brake pedal and get some small saddlebags to go with my tusk pannier racks. I have a set of neslon riggs but they are huge and for traveling. I like the graphics too btw.

Posted (edited)

It was raining this weekend, so I added the following parts that had been stacking up for a while to accent my Wings exhaust. Still have the Vanasche fuel filler in black, but not sure I'm going to keep it.

Would like to install the new thermostat this weekend, but I've been reading mixed reviews. Apparently, the fan kicks on sooner, but stays on most of the time. Anybody else install a lower temp thermostat?

1. Magura Short Clutch Lever
  2. Anti-Gravity Lithium Re-Start Battery
  3. Lithium Battery Tender
  4. DNA Filter
  5. P3 Carbon Fiber Skid Plate
  6. Vanasche Motorsports Black/Orange Footpegs
  7. Vanasche Motorsports Orange Chain Guard
  8. Vanasche Motorsports Black/Orange Brake Pedal
  9. Hammerhead Black/Orange Shifter
  10. KTM sliders
  11. R&G bar-end sliders
  12. Rottweiler Hand Guard CRG Arrow Mirrors
  13. R&G Tail Tidy kit
  14. R&G Cotton Reels
  15. Low-Pro LED Turn Signals
  16. R&G Flasher Relay
  17. KTM Powerparts Orange Bits
Edited by n2stackin

Hey Guys, I just bought a 2019 Husky 701 Enduro. Nice bike and smooth. I find it a little corked though so I ordered an Evo 1 pipe, tank and air filter kit from Radegarage along with a Concept Seats. I have a few other things coming. Is there a way to make this bark other than what I have coming?

I feel like its geared kind of low, but that might just be me. Thinking of going a tooth higher on the counter sprocket...

Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 10:41 AM, GIV523 said:

Hey Guys, I just bought a 2019 Husky 701 Enduro. Nice bike and smooth. I find it a little corked though so I ordered an Evo 1 pipe, tank and air filter kit from Radegarage along with a Concept Seats. I have a few other things coming. Is there a way to make this bark other than what I have coming?

I feel like its geared kind of low, but that might just be me. Thinking of going a tooth higher on the counter sprocket...

Thanks in advance!

I went lower a tooth in the front, world of difference. Top speed was not effected but bottom end grunt is what I gained. 

Edited by Josh Sanders
  • Like 1

Trying out 3d printed clutch lever. Tweaking it just how I want it. Will snap in a fall, but won't break under normal use. Takes 70 minutes to print and costs about $0.50 in plastic. I've used them for years on mountain bikes. They'll decay a bit in the sun and need to replaced every year or so. If you want fusion files or the STL let me know.

IMG_20190705_201519~2.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AdventureDownUnder said:

I spent the weekend installing a rally kit.

Didn't watch the whole video, but like the result. :thumbsup:

Posted (edited)

Hey guys! Excited to be joining y’all! Just bought a 2010 690 R, and selling my DRZ. 

It came with a safari tank that I’m not really interested in. Anyone have a rade aux tank they’re interested in trading or selling?

2A084622-AC8A-4ADC-BB72-C3936FE25FD1.jpeg

8ACF855B-76C3-4CBA-89FF-1FFD40FDD66E.jpeg

6045F86B-6FCA-48CA-8AAD-9F08F90BF443.jpeg

Edited by tacomajack09
  • Like 3

I went lower a tooth in the front, world of difference. Top speed was not effected but bottom end grunt is what I gained. 
+1, it's geared too tall to run 2nd on tight single track or pull 6th to 9k. Going to a 14t counter shaft sprocket let's it rip on top (over 100mph on gravel) and drops second to be perfect for ST. Also the bike will get faster as it breaks in, mine definitely has. Enjoy!