Bryan Bosch

The official "What did you do to your 690 Enduro or Husqvarna 701 today?" thread

Here is my 19 Husky 701. I like it so far. Changed the exhaust with a Leo Vince, added a reserve gas tank (Garage) a rear bracket for storage, air filter mod (Garage), license plate mod, visor, Seat Concepts, etc.. I have Cycra handguards coming too. All in all, the changes have been better so far.

701.JPG

Rade Garage Tank and Filter.JPG

Bracket Garage.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 9:29 AM, Jake rome said:

Put a fresh set of ASV levers on. 

If anyone needs a Midwest Mountain Engineering clutch lever for your 701 or 690 shoot me a message it’s like new. 

DCA1B050-1E15-46EB-BE65-0DEDFA1CC79C.jpeg

Do your ASV levers work properly? Because ASV wants them all back. My brake lever had no free play and put constant pressure on the master piston. They have no plans on making levers that work for the 701 and they don't offer them for the 701 anymore.

On 7/5/2019 at 3:57 AM, AdventureDownUnder said:

Trying out 3d printed clutch lever. Tweaking it just how I want it. Will snap in a fall, but won't break under normal use. Takes 70 minutes to print and costs about $0.50 in plastic. I've used them for years on mountain bikes. They'll decay a bit in the sun and need to replaced every year or so. If you want fusion files or the STL let me know.

IMG_20190705_201519~2.jpg

Can't you print them from something that will hold up better?

Bosley -30mm pegs and -20mm brake tip for my 701SM. I'm 5'9" tall and these make riding so much comfortable, and they make the OEM seat more comfortable and easier to move around on. Although, the OEM seat is still on grippy for me.

DDE3F684-2B4F-4368-9119-156A21585F8B_zps

• Like 1

I had to replace my radiator.Local shop could repair the crack .Not a cheap deal :cry:

Guess it was a stress crack from a past crash. 

On 8/10/2019 at 1:18 PM, Canyon 701SM said:

Do your ASV levers work properly? Because ASV wants them all back. My brake lever had no free play and put constant pressure on the master piston. They have no plans on making levers that work for the 701 and they don't offer them for the 701 anymore.

Hey bud sorry I did not see this earlier. I never had an issue at all with mine. It actually works really well and fit perfectly. What was weird tho is I ordered them at the same time 2017 and they came in different... one was like a satin black and one was a gloss black and they are slightly different in build. I sent an email but they said they did not have any more and it didn't really bother me so I installed them, but to answer your question mine have always worked well. 

When I first got my 701, the shifter was positioned just about perfect for "hiking" boots. But, when I went to my MX boots, the shifter was way too low, so I raised it. The bolt has "thread-lock" on it. Anyway, once I got off the track, I returned the shifter height to what it was originally. This required me to "wrench" on the bolt once again, with the thread-lock. Now that I've moved the shifter a few times, the thread-lock is pretty much depleted. Since I have no more thread-lock, it appears that the shifter DOES loosen on the shift shaft. So, beware...it's time to reload the thread-lock compound on my shifter bolt. 

This is just an FYI. Check your shifter bolt occasionally. If you've wrenched on it a bit, check it A LOT. 

Pulled my radiator last night to find a slow leak I had going on. Took it to the shop today in hopes they can fix it! As it turned out, my 690's radiator fan shroud was rubbing its way through a couple of the tubes in the rad. Left a sharp 90 degree imprint, and a hole about half the size of a grain of rice in 4 of the tubes. Rad shop guy thinks he can fix it  though!