Bryan Bosch

The official "What did you do to your 690 Enduro or Husqvarna 701 today?" thread

I seem to destroy a seat bumper every time i take the seat off. Seat concept sent me a bag of bumpers for free. But, the rubber compound seems to be kinda brittle. The little rubber tits

( for lack of a better word) on the bumpers seem to break off constantly, and end up in the bumper hole in the seat pan.

That's exactly where my seat started breaking. The Seat Concepts seat is built way, way better than the stock KTM seat.

RMATV has it for $294... Gonna make that purchase very soon considering all the positive reviews here. Great thread!
  • Like 1

Just now, NoFearCRF450 said:

RMATV has it for $294... Gonna make that purchase very soon considering all the positive reviews here. Great thread!

Just an FYI on the SC seat for the KTM 690. All years use the same seat pan. But, the 2008-2011 model Seat Concepts is around 1/2", or 10mm shorter than the '12-'17 model Seat Concepts.

I put the 2008-2011 SC seat on my 2017. with a 28" inseam, I need all the help I can get!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Force0321 said:

I was thinking he meant the Brake snake cable gadget for the rear brake pedal, maybe.

I also have the tusk rear rack, and pannier racks. Excellent quality. Always buy my stuff from RMATV also!

And +100 on the seat concepts seat!  Way more comfortable than the stock seat plus, the seat pan material is worlds better than the KTM recycled junk pan. The Stock seat pan is way to brittle. Mine cracked in several places already on my 2017. Went to the SC seat. The SC seat is also able to be re-covered/re-built. Can't staple into the stock pan without it breaking.

Agree on the " not really a 2 up bike".  Buy her a bike of her own!

I bought my bike used with the KTM stock pan broken and missing bumpers. Fiber glassed it back together as a temporary measure and replaced the missing bumpers.

The temporary measure has become semi permanent but I've always been a bit of a hard ass. :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Got rid of the brick shaped incandescent bulb taillight and prone-to-melting/snapping off signals for this assembly from #sicassracing

20180314_124423[1].jpg

20180314_124604[1].jpg

20180314_124443[1].jpg

vs. the stocker...
6000000004.jpg

PS - yeah, yeah... i know I need a new tire. In the garage already... Just been too lazy to spoon it on. ;)

What tire did you go with? I have about 2500 miles on my Motoz Desert H/T. It's in a little better shape than your Pirelli and has lasted 1000 miles farther than my last Pirelli. They call it H/T but I've had no issues in sand or cinders and it's fine in rocks. I suspect it would be shitty in mud though, the center nobs are like mini scoops and may not self clean. 

What tire did you go with? I have about 2500 miles on my Motoz Desert H/T. It's in a little better shape than your Pirelli and has lasted 1000 miles farther than my last Pirelli. They call it H/T but I've had no issues in sand or cinders and it's fine in rocks. I suspect it would be shitty in mud though, the center nobs are like mini scoops and may not self clean. 

The HT actually does ok on mud and slimy clay, surprisingly. Where it sucks is on wet pavement, absolutely treacherous. Really good on rock and sand and loose dry terrain.
  • Like 1

I need a new tire as well. I need something that is decent on the road and good in the dirt and sand. My stock tires are brutal in the sand.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake rome said:

I need a new tire as well. I need something that is decent on the road and good in the dirt and sand. My stock tires are brutal in the sand.......

the MT21s? What issues in the sand do you have? I can't say they are bad honestly.

5 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

the MT21s? What issues in the sand do you have? I can't say they are bad honestly.

the Continental TKC80: 140/80 R18  came on my 17 and they are definitely dual sport tires. I guess i cant say they are the worst but when you are in the sand and you got 70+hp it breaks loose immediately and has a really hard time getting traction.   

the Continental TKC80: 140/80 R18  came on my 17 and they are definitely dual sport tires. I guess i cant say they are the worst but when you are in the sand and you got 70+hp it breaks loose immediately and has a really hard time getting traction.   

You running sand tire pressures?

Oh, yeah... I know those. Had them on my Triumph Tiger 800XC with 96hp on tap. ;)  Great on the road and ok off. Definitely not as good as the Pirelli MT21s that came stock on my 690. If you're riding mostly offroad and backroads, I'd def go a real DOT knobby. But, the Conti is better as the 50/50 tire it was designed to be.

2 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

Keep in mind that these bikes don't have rim locks, so you have to be careful on tire pressures with as much power as they have. I air down, but I can't go rim lock air pressures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeavyRotation said:

I try to keep a good medium because I’m usually bouncing between management areas so I go from highway to hard rock roads to sugar sand so I gotta keep something that will work everywhere... 

C33F76F6-4E23-4F49-AF7D-E89B244A6FAB.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jake rome said:

I try to keep a good medium because I’m usually bouncing between management areas so I go from highway to hard rock roads to sugar sand so I gotta keep something that will work everywhere... 

C33F76F6-4E23-4F49-AF7D-E89B244A6FAB.png

I carry a micro pump that is powered off an SAE cord under my seat. Works awesome for airing up for the ride home.

• Like 2

I’m fixing to throw a tubliss and a MT-43 on my 690. 

Run the MT-43 at 10psi on my Honda with a rimlock. Highway and off road. Works great and I’m at about half tread with over 3k miles on it. Seems to give excellent traction on anything but deep sticky mud. Worked great in sand.

Have to wait and see on the mileage for the 690. Don’t expect it to last as long but at $71 a tire I’ll just throw a new one on. 

24 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I have the MT21's on the front of my te300 and the MT16 on the back and i absolutely love that set up. I may order that set up for the 701........ still kicking it around and looking for options!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I have the MT21's on the front of my te300 and the MT16 on the back and i absolutely love that set up. I may order that set up for the 701........ still kicking it around and looking for options!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Keep in mind that these bikes don't have rim locks, so you have to be careful on tire pressures with as much power as they have. I air down, but I can't go rim lock air pressures.

My rims are drilled for them but I don't see the need to run really low pressures for my terrain mix.

• Like 1