Fuel float needle - klx-125

I'm trying to find a source for the fuel float needle for my klx-125. I just dumped 1.5 gallons of fuel out of my crankcase after it started blowing out the crankcase vent tube into the airbox. I refuse to believe there is only ONE float needle on ebay for this and the drz-125 and its $35 for it. I know it's a smaller 3mm float needle than the 5mm found in the kx-125 so I'm looking to find out what models are compatible i can also look up.

Side question: does this float have a rubber tip or metal because mine is metal and i wanted to know if this is just worn or if it came off  

Cliffs: what models are compatible float needles, any make. 

Since you are not getting any replies I will have a go at it. I am not familiar with that bike (I ride a KLX300) but carburetors functions on the two are basically the same. Usually you will have a wear ring around the cone of the float needle where it seats on the inlet port. If you have one you most likely do not have a missing rubber piece. Also I doubt the needle would be long enough to seat which kind of describes your problem which could mean it is missing.  If you can drop it in the hole with enough needle showing than bending the float contact point should solve the problem. You might want to make sure your float will "float". I have seen that be a problem in years past. If you do determine that the needle is the culprit you might research the part itself as to all the different models that it is used on. That could give you a better cost advantage when sourcing on eBay or wherever you look. Hope this helps.

• Like 1