What to expect at dealer

Hey everybody, I'm gonna head to a couple dealers this weekend and it's been a while since I purchased a new bike, I was wondering what to expect? How much out the door have you guys paid for your new bikes?

My last new bike, 2017 Beta Xtrainer, was about $700 over MSRP otd cost. Unfortunately the bike is too popular to get a deal.

Previous to that, my 2014 YZ250F was $500 below MSRP OTD cost. Dealer gave me $500 off and Yamaha gave me $500 on a BLU CRU Visa card.

I don't know what your looking for but I've seen some new CRF250R's marked way down.

I'm looking for a yz 250x , Yamaha seems to always have some kind of advertised deal, how did that blu cru discount work? I plan on paying cash, but see some deals are only through their financing , it says 0% but my credit is little below average, 670.

I'm looking for a yz 250x , Yamaha seems to always have some kind of advertised deal, how did that blu cru discount work? I plan on paying cash, but see some deals are only through their financing , it says 0% but my credit is little below average, 670.

Good choice. That's another bike that's gonna be hard to get the dealer to take cash off. I bought mine in February. Not a good month for motorcycle dealers in Ohio so they were willing to deal.

The BLU CRU cash back was in the form of a prepaid Visa card.

You'll probably need to be up in the 700's to qualify for the 0%. I have a 760 credit score and they tried to say I didnt qualify for the 0% on my 2015 Jeep. I said that's the only way I'm buying a new vehicle and started walking out. They changed there tune real quick.

• Like 1

You'll probably need to be up in the 700's to qualify for the 0%. I have a 760 credit score and they tried to say I didnt qualify for the 0% on my 2015 Jeep. I said that's the only way I'm buying a new vehicle and started walking out. They changed there tune real quick.

I was planning on paying cash, but I was told that they rather you finance for a better price, sounds crazy to me, wouldn't they rather want the cash for the whole bike upfront? The bank makes interest on you right not the sales man?

27 minutes ago, MisterMagoo said:

I was planning on paying cash, but I was told that they rather you finance for a better price, sounds crazy to me, wouldn't they rather want the cash for the whole bike upfront? The bank makes interest on you right not the sales man?

Banks pay rebate to the dealership for the business. The higher the rate they give you, the better the rebate for them. If there is no prepayment penalty, take what they offer and negotiate hard on the cost of the bike. Or, tell them the number you want (be realistic, they have to make money), tell them cash today and if they don't take it, walk. If they walk you, you now know where you stand. You can always walk back in. The door never locks behind you. This is uncomfy for many, so they just don't do it. I play hardball, but I'm polite the whole time.

• Like 2

So I made my purchase... 2017 yz 250x , pick it up Tuesday. So out the door with taxes DMV fees and all , I paid 7487 for anyone else who is comparing prices, this is in Long Island New York.

Oh And my score was really at 715 when they checked, f credit karma. They qualified me for the zero percent interest for six months through Yamaha financing

• Like 1