Clutch not fully engaging after swap *525 EXC

Had a rekluse on my bike but decided to go back to the stock clutch.  I put every stock part of the clutch assembly in and torqued everything to the service spec.  

Went for a ride up the street and it's barely engaging enough to start moving.  Just revving almost freely.  What the hell did I do wrong?

Edited by SierraSmoker

Sounds like you've got too much gap between your clutch pack. Make sure you installed the exact number of plates that your stock clutch calls for and in the correct order.

If you've installed it properly with the correct number of discs, inspect your fiber plates and steel plates to make sure they're not worn. If they have worn out making your gap not in spec... you may need to buy new clutch plates.

If it was a bleeding issue you wouldn't be able to disengage the clutch and it would stall

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DFISH said:

If it was a bleeding issue you wouldn't be able to disengage the clutch and it would stall

That's what I figured.  Thus assebembly was off a running bike which is what makes it so strange.

Got it all figured out.  I used the throwout from the rekluse that looked identical to the stock one.  Well it wasn't.  It had a spacer on it and wasn't letting the plates get enough pressure.  We are all good now!

• Like 1